Late night munchies

Options
What do you do to avoid the late night munchies?? :s

Replies

• andreayup
    andreayup Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I drink tea sometimes or chew gum. Sometimes I have to physically get up and do something. Other times, I give in :)
  • emmycantbemeeko
    emmycantbemeeko Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Go to bed.

Honestly. I mean it's not always possible, but being hungry in the middle of the night (assuming you're not massively undereating and legitimately hungry) is usually a combination of boredom and exhaustion. I worked night shift for years, and the less sleep I got, the hungrier I was. If you refuse to give your body rest, it will demand food instead. Go to sleep; it will fix your cravings and you can't eat while you're asleep anyway.
  • CynthiaKenly2015
    CynthiaKenly2015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I try to do something other than sitting still. I save my chores for the evening. Plus I try to drink a lot of hot tea or broth, gives my stomach a sense I'm eating lol
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Drinking water also will help. Make sure you are doing something to keep you busy, it is possible you are just eating because you are bored.
  • st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I go to bed, or I drink something (usually water, but sometimes diet soda if I have a strong sugar craving). I prelog my food days in advance too, so sometimes I take something off tomorrow and add something on for today and decide if I want to eat it. Usually seeing it being logged makes me not want it anymore and I decide to save the calories for tomorrow, but I'm not sure if that would work for you :)
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    I go to bed, work on a scrapbook page, read, play piano if it isn't too late, play cards, games on my phone, eat celery or carrots, a handful of almonds, usually just go to bed.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    If you always want to eat late at night, save some calories for snacking.

Otherwise, go to bed, clean, brush your teeth, etc.
  • DaniCanadian
    DaniCanadian Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I usually have no control over cravings if I'm tired so I'll try to go to bed.
  • HeidiThe9
    HeidiThe9 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I second brushing teeth. I started brushing at 8pm when getting my toddler prepped for bed. She does a much better job when she can watch me. But I hate to waste nice clean teeth on a snack.