New!

Options
Hello, everbody. Im new-ish to the mfp, brand new in regards to being active in the community. I am currently working on my relationship with food. I would classify myself as having an overeating problem, and am trying to lose weight to help both my mental and physical health.

Being compassionate with yourself, especially when you have an addiction to food, can be difficult on a day to day basis. You cannot just quit eating. It's an everyday struggle when you have to love yourself as you are, but fight to change your habits at the same time.

If there are others fighting this same battle, feel free to friend me.

Lastly, I just want to say good luck to everyone on their fitness journey. Remember to be compassionate with yourself as well as others. We all may not have the same goals, but we are all here for one important purpose; to take care of ourselves and strive for a healthy life style.

Replies

• kuksabs
    kuksabs Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!
  • tnevin225
    tnevin225 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I like to suggest looking into Keto/Paleo lifestyle. Such a great way to lose weight and improve health in general. Especially your mental well being. Good Luck
  • pagedog
    pagedog Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome!
  • lionelfoutz901
    lionelfoutz901 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey! Add me if you want
  • julialavergne
    julialavergne Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello, everbody. Im new-ish to the mfp, brand new in regards to being active in the community. I am currently working on my relationship with food. I would classify myself as having an overeating problem, and am trying to lose weight to help both my mental and physical health.

Being compassionate with yourself, especially when you have an addiction to food, can be difficult on a day to day basis. You cannot just quit eating. It's an everyday struggle when you have to love yourself as you are, but fight to change your habits at the same time.

If there are others fighting this same battle, feel free to friend me.

Lastly, I just want to say good luck to everyone on their fitness journey. Remember to be compassionate with yourself as well as others. We all may not have the same goals, but we are all here for one important purpose; to take care of ourselves and strive for a healthy life style.

• PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck with your journey too!
  • julialavergne
    julialavergne Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Oops I didn't mean to post reply! Agh! I'm glad to hear what you have to say about the weight loss struggle! I definitely agree with you that it's an everyday struggle, and I believe that with the right support we can all reach our weight loss goals!! Thanks for reaching out!
  • juanitagardner07
    juanitagardner07 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new to the MFP community also. I have been using the app sine the end of April but never looked on here. So far I have lost 25 pounds. I have a lot more to go and it has been a struggle to even get here. I love food way too much, well not just food, but the bad kind of food. I do great on the week days while I am at work and even come home and have a healthy dinner and work out, but come the weekends I don't have time to work out because I have my grand baby and I tend to splurge and eat all the things I shouldn't. Therefore causing me to not lose anymore weight. Well, on Tuesday of this week I said no more. I am going to lose this weight if it kills me... I am just wanting to be healthy and me eating this way will not get me there... I have another 40 pounds that I need to lose to be considered my healthy weight. I wish you all luck in your journeys and if you would like please friend me!! ;)
  • juliecandler
    juliecandler Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been using the app off and on for a couple of years. Not making much progress so far. I got into using it to verify weight watchers since the first of the year. Lost 15# since January 1 2016, the weight watchers program is not working with my half marathon training program. I'll quit paying for that soon since I'm using this again. I'm post menopausal and thyroid issues and frantically trying to get the weight loss moving. Strangely I found a fellow weight watcher in my marathon training classes that has only lost 1# in the same time period while on the program. Anyone have any ideas about diet and endurance training?
    thanks much!
  • jbrady574
    jbrady574 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi guys
  • OlyCapitalChick
    OlyCapitalChick Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Welcome! One day at a time.
    Just keep going. Keep trying. You'll get there.