Cooking for others

So I know a lot of us have kids and/or significant others, so if you cook for them do you cook them the same thing you make yourself or do you make their food differently than you make yours? For example my boyfriend and I pretty much always eat the same food, I just measure my food out and eat smaller portions than he does, but sometimes I'll just want a salad or something light if I'm not very hungry that day so I'll make him something different for dinner

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    Same food, different portion sizes usually. I think I tend to have more vegetables or a salad.
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Same thing. I am married with 2 children and they all eat what i eat for dinner. Breakfast and lunch is all different.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    same meal small usually weighed out portions. dont over think it and dont work harder then necessary.
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    I cook my boyfriend the same thing I'm making for dinner. He doesn't really like cooking after working all day, so he's at the mercy of eating what I cook. >:) He doesn't really care though, as long as it's food. He'll occasionally request certain food for dinner and it's generally fine since we rotate a lot of the same meals. If I don't want a big dinner (which is rare), I'll make a few burgers in the oven for him.
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    I have two adult sons who live with me. I am trying to limit my carbs so i sometimes add non low carb sides (rice, potatoes etc) for them. They are actually enjoying all the new recipes.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    My kids are teenagers. We almost never eat the same things. I cook most of their meals (they also snack A LOT) and sit down at the table with them with my own food. They get bored with my meals, 'cause I eat the same things over and over. They have their own shelf in the cupboard with their own snacks. It's almost like a roomate situation, in that there's "their food" and "my food."
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited July 2016
    Luckily, my girl and her son love everything that I have made so far. I'm almost convinced she'll end up wanting to go keto with me, just because amazing deliciousness.
  • ydyms
    ydyms Posts: 266 Member
    I always cook differently for dh and kids. I try to cook healthy but I have no customers for cooked vegetables and whole wheat products :(
  • koslowkj
    koslowkj Posts: 188 Member
    Same meals, similar portion sizes, my boyfriend just gets seconds more often than I do. Like lauraesh0384, we rotate a lot of the same meals, so dinner time is usually pretty easy.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    I cook different things for the other members of my family. I'm lactose intolerant, and I don't digest wheat very well, but everyone else in my family loves their cheese and bread/pasta. I don't see any need in depriving them of foods that they like just because I can't eat them.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    They eat what I cook, or they don't eat at all.