Tofu Question

Options
kimziebaby
kimziebaby Posts: 133 Member
I bought the All Natural Azumaya Tofu the other day at Walmart. I've never tried it before, but i'm pretty open minded.. and was wondering, how exactly do you eat it? What do you eat it with?

I'd love to know some tasty ways to eat it. Hoping to have it for lunch today. :) Thanks in advance!

Replies

• skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I want to know also.
  • marnieinMB
    marnieinMB Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    The thing about tofu is its a blank canvas that you can add flavor to.

I like to cube it and add it to a stir fry or slice it and grill it on my george foreman grill.

I buy tofu crumbles and use them in place of ground beef for chili or add them to an omelet.

The possibilities are endles.
  • SandyEdge
    SandyEdge Posts: 72 Member
    Options
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    you could bread and fry it, bread and bake it, marinade and stir fry it, it's got no flavor. you do the same things you would do with chicken basically!
  • ccaym
    ccaym Posts: 86
    Options
    I am not familiar with that brand of tofu, but if you want to eat it cubed or sliced and grilled then buy "extra firm". "Silken" is good for making pudding, etc. We eat tofu once a week. I usually cut it into rectangular slabs, press it between cloth to get out some of moisture, fry it in a in some sort of sauce, either bottled or homemade. We like it best when we brown it a bit on each side. For a homemade sauce I will use a tiny bit of oil (sesame is good) pressed garlic, soy sauce, a bit of honey. Anything is good, whatever you like...it soaks up the flavor of whatever you use. Another easy way to cook it is to cube it, toss it with sauce, and spread it on a tray and bake. I make a tray of tofu when I have something else in the oven, so the temp varies. Toss/flip it a few times while baking so it gets a little browned on all sides. Bake for at least 30 minutes to allow it to get a bit crisp all over. So easy and yummy. You can also add some root veggies. I sometimes roast tofu with yams, garlic, onion, curry powder, etc. Yum!