Ladies, what do you do if you don't like to sweat/shower everyday?

Options

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    lol...no one has ever put their hair in a bun? Anyway, yes. Shower cap. Shower every day and keep that hair dry.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    It depends. Sometimes I take a shower without a shower cap and don't wet my hair. But my hair is short. So I have to wear a headband. And the headband gets wet and is not as quick to dry. I have to hang it on a drying rack. Just kind of depends on what the shower head is like. We have a really big one. Sometimes the front of my hair gets wet with or without a shower cap. I don't care. Just as long as it's not drenched. When the elastic wears out I have to replace it or it will fill with water. That's pretty funny when that happens.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I shower every day. No matter what. Even if it's just a fast shower where I just soap up and rinse it off.
    I only wet my hair once per week. I wear a shower cap. I have also used a plastic bag like mentioned above. Or just keep my hair away from the water.
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I usually just put my hair up in a high bun if I don't want to wash it. But like PP said, shower caps are cheap and easy to use!
  • michelleepotter
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    You can shower every day without washing your hair. Are you saying you don't shower every day?

If I'm not exercising / getting sweaty or need a shower for some specific reason, I only shower every 2 or 3 days. I'm just not a naturally sweaty or smelly person. My husband thinks that's crazy because he'd stink if he didn't shower every day (twice a day if we're going out in the evening), but he can't tell whether I've showered this morning or two days ago.
  • cmanitowabi
    cmanitowabi Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Do a spongebath /wet washcloth to quickly freshen up paying attention to underarms or wherever you feel the most grimy, under your breasts, neck ...
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I shower every day after my workouts but just use use moisturizing body wash and only use shampoo every few days (other days I just use conditioner or just rinse it). This has helped. IN the beginning I was washing it every day and damaged it so badly. I always put lotion on after too. If I didn't sweat SO much that my hair is drenched I don't even wash it I just put it up and wash my body.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Shower cap definatly. . . im 4' 11" there is no avoiding getting hair wet in the shower for me really. There is always a nice relaxing bath with some fragrant oils. That is always good at the end of a long day.
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I just put my hair up and wash my body after workouts. once a week I have a shower or bath at home and wetwash my hair. over the week once it starts to get greasy I just put dry shampoo in it.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Umm, don't wash your hair. Easy peasy.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    I also take cool showers because I have a vascular disorder that reacts to heat.
  • Ffiffion
    Ffiffion Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm someone who is a sweater no matter what I do so I have to wash everyday, sometimes twice and I have to wash my hair everyday as it's short and very thin like baby hair and washing it is the only thing that helps keep it healthy (I know that sounds weird but it's true). I do sometimes notice that my skin and my hair dries out, especially now as it's summer and I get really warm and I usually lather myself with baby oil for my skin and coconut oil for my hair which usually helps. If baby oil doesn't help then I usually get E45 cream which really does the trick and gets rid of the dry skin itches too :smile:
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    You can shower every day without washing your hair. Are you saying you don't shower every day?

If I'm not exercising / getting sweaty or need a shower for some specific reason, I only shower every 2 or 3 days. I'm just not a naturally sweaty or smelly person. My husband thinks that's crazy because he'd stink if he didn't shower every day (twice a day if we're going out in the evening), but he can't tell whether I've showered this morning or two days ago.

I never knew you have to wait until you stink to shower....... :s
    And OP, there are a LOT of good lotions and conditioners that will protect and moisturise your skin and hair - Unless you have a serious skin condition, it is very common to shower once or even twice a day....
  • michelleepotter
    Options
    astrampe wrote: »

And OP, there are a LOT of good lotions and conditioners that will protect and moisturise your skin and hair - Unless you have a serious skin condition, it is very common to shower once or even twice a day....

Who says you have to wait until you stink? My point is that I can shower every second or third day and NOT ever smell bad or be sweaty. Not everybody needs to shower every day, and in fact lots of people don't.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

Who says you have to wait until you stink? My point is that I can shower every second or third day and NOT ever smell bad or be sweaty. Not everybody needs to shower every day, and in fact lots of people don't.

I agree. I just shower daily because I like it. Showering daily isn't a necessity for everyone.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    :s I like feeling (and BEING) clean....Not showering for three days just because you don't smell bad is not one of the things I aspire to in life......
  • michelleepotter
    Options
    :s I like feeling (and BEING) clean....Not showering for three days just because you don't smell bad is not one of the things I aspire to in life......

Well, good for you. Do that then. I don't see why what other people do matters to you so much.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    It's not bad to not shower everyday. If you don't smell or have skin issues then you are fine. It depends on the person. For some people it's healthier not to shower as much. As long as you shower regularly, it doesn't have to be daily.

Also not sure if I said this. I like Andalou Naturals Lavender and Thyme Shower Gel.
  • AvidAdrienne
    AvidAdrienne Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am the same way, I HAVE to feel fresh & clean all day. I usually pull my hair up and shower after my workout, I only wash my hair like 2x a week unless something special is happening. I found the more water I drink, the healthier my skin is.
  • purplemoonpie
    purplemoonpie Posts: 25 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    this sounds gross but I have SUPER thick hair and it's not good to wash it everyday...but I do workout 6 days a week. I will workout with a bun but then dry out the sweat with a hair dryer on the cool setting and wash it once every 3 days, and just take a bath when I don't wash it. I use the "PSSST" Dry shampoo for in between days. Like I said, my hair is really uber duber thick but this works for me.