Fat thighs!!!

Options
:/ please .. What exercise is good for thighs cause I don't like the way my body is?

Replies

• CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    You cannot target where you lose weight from. Genetics influence that. You can only target zones you want to tone muscle.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Eat less and exercise more.
  • Shobhituva
    Shobhituva Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I found 5 home remedies to loose thigh fat..try these out..I am sharing with you the link of the post: http://news.mynahcare.com/healthy-living/home-remedies/5-home-remedies-to-lose-thigh-fats
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,583 Member
    Options
    Lowering your body fat is about CONSISTENT CICO. There are NO EXERCISES that spot reduce any part of the body. Exercise is for fitness and health and you want to include it to preserve the lean muscle in your body that you already have. Disregard it and your metabolic rate will drop even lower and it will take much longer to lose unwanted body fat.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    Eat less and exercise more.

This
  • ilikegardens
    ilikegardens Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Instead of thinking of your thighs as "fat," start strength training to make them strong and forgive them their appearance. Appreciate the strength, and look at pictures of sexy, strong-thighed women. A question for the men: who appreciates strong, we'll muscled thighs in women?
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    A question for the men: who appreciates strong, we'll muscled thighs in women?

I do find women cyclist, women runners, and women soccer players to have sexy muscular legs. I do not find female Body Builders to have sexy legs at all.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Embrace the thighs!
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Embrace the thighs!

This!!! I have large thighs but they are not fat. I have a little bit of fat left in the inner thigh, but mostly muscle from running and cycling! I have learned to embrace my thick thighs!!! #NoThighGapHere
  • ilikegardens
    Options
    No, we don't do everything for men, but if men turn us on, then it's totally normal to want to appeal to them. But you're right, I also should have asked what women think of strong, well-muscled thighs on other women. Personally, I like 'em, but that's probably because I've embraced my own large thighs.
    I didn't choose the thick thigh life, the thick thigh life chose me.

;)
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    No, we don't do everything for men, but if men turn us on, then it's totally normal to want to appeal to them. But you're right, I also should have asked what women think of strong, well-muscled thighs on other women. Personally, I like 'em, but that's probably because I've embraced my own large thighs.

;)

What??? NO. I hope I misunderstood you since you subsequently stated that you've accepted your thighs, but I could not care less what a male thinks of my shape or size. I workout and take of my health for ME.

Also, that article posted by @Shobhituva is a big NO also. The word usage of "thigh fats" is enough to clue you in that it's BS without even reading it but it sadly says to avoid squats, which is terrible advice.
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Instead of thinking of your thighs as "fat," start strength training to make them strong and forgive them their appearance.

This. I've always had muscular legs..and I just made them more shapely and defined through strength training...and I love them now.

• ilikegardens
    Options
    I think you misunderstood. I didn't say that I worked out or took care of my health for a man or men. I do it because I feel better physically and emotionally, I like movement, and I want to take care of myself. But do I also want my husband to be attracted to me, especially when I'm feeling good about myself? Absolutely! And I think that's fine.

A lot of people care about what other people think of their appearance. It's not always healthy in a society that places such a high value on a certain body type, but it is reality. Also, physical attraction can be a lot of fun (as can intellectual and emotional attraction). I just wanted Sonia to know that large thighs not only have a strong genetic component, can be very strong and healthy, but they are also attractive and appealing to other people.
  • Shobhituva
    Shobhituva Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

;)

What??? NO. I hope I misunderstood you since you subsequently stated that you've accepted your thighs, but I could not care less what a male thinks of my shape or size. I workout and take of my health for ME.

Also, that article posted by @Shobhituva is a big NO also. The word usage of "thigh fats" is enough to clue you in that it's BS without even reading it but it sadly says to avoid squats, which is terrible advice.

I am actually following the points given in the post and I am actually getting benefited to this..Additionally, I am also doing Yoga regularly.
  • sonia9240
    sonia9240 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Sorry I miss misunderstood
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Lowering your body fat is about CONSISTENT CICO. There are NO EXERCISES that spot reduce any part of the body. Exercise is for fitness and health and you want to include it to preserve the lean muscle in your body that you already have. Disregard it and your metabolic rate will drop even lower and it will take much longer to lose unwanted body fat.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

This. You need a calorie deficit to lose overall body fat and resistance training to retain the lean muscle that you have, unless you want to end up with just a smaller but equally flabby version of yourself. I have strong, thick thighs and I love 'em. Ain't nobody gonna be able to push me around ^.^
  • ItsyBitsy246
    ItsyBitsy246 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Sigh... I have strong muscular legs (which I like) but sadly I can be gaunt on my upper body and still have flabby inner thighs and cellulite all the way down to my ankles (last publicly wore shorts in.... 1988?) Aside from winning the lottery, spot reduction is my innermost fantasy! :)
  • nettiklive
    nettiklive Posts: 206 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Sigh... I have strong muscular legs (which I like) but sadly I can be gaunt on my upper body and still have flabby inner thighs and cellulite all the way down to my ankles (last publicly wore shorts in.... 1988?) Aside from winning the lottery, spot reduction is my innermost fantasy! :)

yep, this is me too. At 110 lbs and 5'4, I had ribs and spine poking out like a concentration camp victim, yet my thighs were still huge and jiggly :(

Whereas my 61 year old MIL has not done any form of exercise in decades, and has those perfect, slim, shapely legs with no hint of cellulite and muscle definition that makes her look like a runner, which she is certainly not. Neither I or my sister could dream of such legs even as teens, and my sister did dance all her life and continues to work out intensely. It's genetics. My MIL is apple-shaped though and carries some weight in her tummy while my stomach is pretty much flat even after two kids. So I guess I can't complain too much, I'd rather have a thicker lower body than upper as it's generally sexier and more feminine.