Pasta Zero?

Options
st476
st476 Posts: 357 Member
uj3xpr5bsp8q.jpeg
Has anyone ever tried it? I just bought it because it looked interesting even though it looks kind of gross at the same time lol. If you tried it, do you like it? Would it be good with tomato sauce?

Replies

• st476
    Options
    Update: I tried it and it's gross. It has no taste, doesn't really absorb the sauce, and the texture is chewy and rubbery it felt like eating worms. I tried one and then threw it out lol. I should of known 30 calories for 200+ grams of spaghetti was too good to be true :smile:
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    It's one of those things where you either love it or hate it. You'll really have to try it for yourself. I really, truly wanted to like it but I just can't. I've tried.

ETA: Duh, I should read better.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Some people like it and some people hate it. It has a weird smell when you first open the bag. The "noodles" need to be rinsed a lot in a colander. Then the noodles need to be sort of dry fried.
    A little while ago I made a thick soup of those noodles for my hubby doing low carb. He liked the thick tomato-base soup I made with them.

ETA. Oh, well.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    I just read the reviews on similar noodles sold at walmart.
    Exactly what st476 said. Another complaint they smelled really bad out of the package.
  • st476
    Options
    I just read the reviews on similar noodles sold at walmart.
    Exactly what st476 said. Another complaint they smelled really bad out of the package.
    Yeah I got mine at Walmart. They don't exactly smell bad, just earthy if that makes sense. It says the smell goes away when you rinse it but I rinsed it at least 5 times and boiled them and it never completely went away

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Have you tried "spaghetti squash" same idea- it is a vegetable(squash) but does not have a strong taste and it is low calorie-low carb- go on youtube and see how to prepare it- use it like reg. spaghetti. it is good to me when eaten with sauce, cheese etc.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I too tried to like it and just couldn't. O do second trying spaghetti squash, it at least has a taste and decent texture.
  • hollygirl101
    hollygirl101 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I tried these in a soup a while back. Not awful but not good enough to buy again. I still have a second package in the fridge that I should probably throw out.
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I love ot with asain food. We top ours with stirfry or if you made an asain soup. I stopped buying them because theyre expensive
  • Kelbelb75
    Kelbelb75 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I actually like them but they have to be with a sauce etc. The smell is almost off putting but I got past that. I rinse mine (lots), then sit them in boiling water to warm up. I like how they don't feel heavy in my stomach like wheat pasta does.
  • all847
    all847 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love them.. I always cut them smaller so it is easier to eat and just made a pad thai with them last night for dinner.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    personally i HATED it, but im italian who learned how to make pasta before i could walk or talk.
  • meganlc0
    meganlc0 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I think they're a non-food item that is probably pretty bad for you. I bought some but never could get past the smell and didn't evem try them. Some (maybe all) of them have nasty, unhealthy food additives in them.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I eat them occasionally, but I only get the Asian brand from my local Asian grocer. I always rinse them right out of the package and then dry fry them in a pan for about 10 minutes before using them. I only use them in Asian recipes that involve soy sauce, tamari, oyster sauce, peanut sauce, etc as the main flavoring. I never use them as a substitute for Italian (semolina/durum) pasta, so no alfredo or marinara type sauces, ever.

2cqzwrl2bphd.jpg
  • moosekelly
    moosekelly Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    As others have said, they're better in Asian-style recipes, rather than using them as a substitute for spaghetti.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    debtay123 wrote: »
    Have you tried "spaghetti squash" same idea- it is a vegetable(squash) but does not have a strong taste and it is low calorie-low carb- go on youtube and see how to prepare it- use it like reg. spaghetti. it is good to me when eaten with sauce, cheese etc.

Delicious! I like real pasta, but spaghetti squash is ALMOST as good! My mom always made both pasta and squash when she made her meat sauce. Divine...

jn1ixan6sv3l.jpg