PCOS!! Looking for accountability buddy

Options
2»

Replies

• sarahhembra
    sarahhembra Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Im 38 from UK.I have been diagnosed with PCOS in my twenties but believe I've had it since my teens when I was told I had a hormone imbalance. Keeping weight off is my issue. I managed to lose 2 stone in 4 months with Weight Watchers but soon put it back on. I know I can lose weight but for the sake of my health I need to keep it off and carry on losing. Tracking everything is definitely what works for me. Anyway, happy to make friends on here and give support so feel free to add me girls xx
  • wesheets
    wesheets Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    One thing I've noticed is that with my diet the cravings are almost nill. My acne is very light. PCOS affects these two areas in me and I'm glad they are working themselves out. I'm doing keto and maybe the lack of sugars and carbs (both very low) is helping tons.
  • sweet_jalebis
    sweet_jalebis Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi All,
    I am new here. I was diagnosed with PCOS at 21. I always knew something was up when my periods became irregular, had facial hair, gained A LOT of weight in short space of time and suffered from hair loss too along with acne. I really would like a buddy to keep me motivated!!! I am really struggling to stick to healthy eating and exercise. I've tried loads of diets from lighter life, exante, cambridge, slimming world and the paleo diet. The problem is I always start and then stop after few months because I don't notice any difference. I've joined the gym but never been because I don't have any confidence to know what exercises to do. I use to go jogging every morning for 30 minutes but stopped after 3/4 months. I was healthy eating during that time too. So, anyone here feel free to add me. I really hope to achieve some serious weight loss with support. xx
  • lili200
    lili200 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • abbey146
    abbey146 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! I know I'm late to this thread, but I also have PCOS and am looking for accountability buddies! Add me
  • akerra27
    akerra27 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS. Surprisingly I don't think it has effected my weight loss much to date. Anyone feel free to add me as well.
  • crazycatgirl22
    crazycatgirl22 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Getting started on my journey. I'm in my twenties and have pcos. It's scary and really, really sucks. Accountability buddies would be awesome.
  • laurynking
    laurynking Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I was diagnosed with PCOS almost 2 years ago at 21 but I've had cystic ovaries since I was in middle school - it's a wonder it took doctors that long to put it together :D ! I'm hoping to become healthier over the next few months, you're all welcome to add me!
  • laylagingittins
    laylagingittins Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have been diagnosed with PCOS for needy 2 years now but have suffered greatley with symptoms for about 9 years now. I am getting married next year so want to be more healthy for that and to help my PCOS in general. Feel free to add me!
  • Veritas912
    Veritas912 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bless this thread. I was just diagnosed in March (at 22) and I'm just now gearing up for battle against it. Looking for support, advice, success stories, what to avoid/not buy into, and general motivation!
  • ivette423vc
    ivette423vc Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have had PCOS since I was 19 (10 years now) and weight more than 300 lbs. I find it so hard to lose weight and now I'm having hair loss and facial hair. :/ I would love to be a part of everyone's journey. So please add me! Thank you.
  • Lauraleesef
    Lauraleesef Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey, my name is Laura, and I am 20 and have PCOS also. I haven't had to deal with the facial hair thing yet, but I am experiencing hair loss and insulin resistance as a result of the PCOS. I would love to be buddys.