to make the right choice....

Options
So I decided after meeting with a nuitrisionist/trainer today (which is funny after a year), that I am not going to log my food or exercise, "for now that is", he said I shouldnt concentrate on the scale, he took my body fat percentage with the calipers, it was 11.5! Unbelievable, I am still in shock. How can it be? Anyway, between my exercise disorder and obsession with counting everything I eat to the penny, people are sick of me, therefor...dear husband called in for help. I have to say it has opened my eyes a bit. I am not eating enough food, 1500 a day is too low, I exercise alooooot. So, I have been given a new regimen and alotment for the gym and also a general meal plan. I am scared as heck, but I know I have to try it, I can't keep on this way. Sometimes these programs designed to help us lose weight aren't always accurate, and some people dont eat enough and fatigue, get injured or fall ill, like I have twice now, and still I kept listening to all these websites. It took a person who knows what their talking about to help me. Well I hope it helps. I dont know if anyone else has struggled or is scared to up the calories, but if you are go see some one who can SEE YOU....internet is just that. know one can tell u exactly whats right by reading words on the screen. Wish me luck on my new endeavor, I AM SCARED! and gl to all of you out there trying!

Total Weightloss so far-65lbs
SW-198
CW-133
GW-125

Replies

• vold94
    vold94 Posts: 256
    Options
    Good luck, I totally agree about the eating too much, not eating enough, exercising too much. I go through that all the time too! I wish you the best of luck in your current endeavor!
  • lisa_73
    lisa_73 Posts: 43
    Options
    Good luck!
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I'm a little confused, because it is science. It is calories in calories out. Food is fuel so if you go eating too much you won't lose. This whole eating more calories thing is new and everyone keeps pushing it. I don't think watching what you eat is bad. If your pushing it on everyone else it can be bad. Also I am the only one in a house of 5 that eats the way I do and no one complains. I just stay on top of it and pay attention. If your not drinking water then that is also a factor. Or if you drink allot of soda. Things with alot of suger. Suger is in EVERYTHING, so it is important to pay attention. You can do exactly what someone else says or you can investigate and learn so you know why your body is reacting. I for instance will not eat after 8 pm because my body retains it. I work out 3 times a day and do an after dinner walk. I understand your frustration but weight loss is attainable. Do pay attention because if you just give the reigns over to someone else, who is losing the weight? You or them? Keep going and believe in yourself. Losing the weight is hard work, but the hard work we do now we won't have to do later. It's harder to lose the weight than it is to gain it and there are NO such things as quick fixes. If you want permanant weight loss it is achieved by lifestyle not some miracle pill or magic. Recently there was an article online that said scientists have not yet figured out the connection between weightloss and less calories. Your body is designed to do what it does. If you do the work it will use the calories. You can do this and success is at your doorstep if your willing to let it in. Be well and may the dilligence of your efforts bear much fruit.
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    well done on losing 65lbs. thats great.
    it was very brave of you to recognise something was wrong and to get help.
    i really wish you the best and hope everything works out for you.
    good luck for the future.
  • Bells32
    Bells32 Posts: 15
    Options
    I cut sugar out completely besides fruit once a day. I eat very healthy. No juice no soda etc. But I have lost weight, 65lbs in the past year. My post is more about me becoming addicted/obsessive too the point my family and friends are sick of me LOL plus worried. I've made myself fatigue to the point of falling ill. All with the desperation to be thinner. Its an incredible journey I've been on. But when you start getting depressed and cry because u analyse everything u do its time for help. I've been boarding an exercise / and eating disorder for months. ...I realized it but can't/ couldn't stop. I hope that with meeting with someone today can help me come to a happy medium.....after all we all just want to be happy right? I wish everyone luck on this journey. .... :)
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck and hope that you can find the healthy way to do this.
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Hey there, didn't mean to be so harsh, just didn't truly understand. It's allot of info to get through. I'm glad for you that you were able to see the signs, even with the help of loved ones. I still believe you will make it and am glad for your accomplishments. Be well and know that I do believe in your ability to make it through this struggle. Struggles and hardships are ment to stretch and define our character. Your story is getting very interesting and I believe it will be encouraging to others. Godbless and know were all pulling for your success, here at mfp.:flowerforyou:
  • Bells32
    Bells32 Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks fitmom! I did join here just 2 weeks ago, needing support. I am still learning and do love MFP. I love to read other peoples stories, it helps to know we are all trying to get better/be the best we can be!
  • MommaGrizzly
    Options
    Good on you that you realised you had a problem. As someone who has an ED, we tend to only think that people with anorexia classified as one.

You caught on before you might have been seriously harmful to yourself. You've lost so much weight and now it's time to focus on maintaining and loving life (and food in a healthy way).