going in for gall bladder op on the 10th feb

Options
so pretty much no gym for a mth so will send me around the bend lol now do i keep my calories at what it is to loose weight or should i set me to maintain for mth and write a mth off. im in two minds about it must say though the doctor doing the surgary is very impressed i lost so much weight so far 30 kg so thats like 66 pounds in around 1 1/2 yrs to 2 yrs. he even said to me as i hoped up on the table good your not over over weight now that is a compliment lol

Replies

• jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    so pretty much no gym for a mth so will send me around the bend lol now do i keep my calories at what it is to loose weight or should i set me to maintain for mth and write a mth off. im in two minds about it must say though the doctor doing the surgary is very impressed i lost so much weight so far 30 kg so thats like 66 pounds in around 1 1/2 yrs to 2 yrs. he even said to me as i hoped up on the table good your not over over weight now that is a compliment lol
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Wishing you nothing but the best in recovery jakspak:flowerforyou: It is amazing how much easier on our bodies loss of weight and becoming healthier is on surgery and recovery...Awesome job:heart::flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :bigsmile:

FC:heart:
  • wizabugga
    wizabugga Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My husband had that same surgery 2 weeks after we got home from our honeymoon last year!! It was crazy! He feels soooooo much better now though! Something the doctor told us that I didn't know is that when you lose large amounts of weight fairly quickly, that it can cause gall bladder problems and it is fairly common in those who have lost large amounts of weight especially people who have had gastric bypass. I thought that was pretty interesting! My husband had just lost about 100 pounds over the previous year before his gall bladder acted up.

Don't worry too much about going over your calories the first week....it took my husband a little while to get his appetite back and he was eating pretty bland food. Good luck! You will do great and feel leaps and bounds better when it is all over!! :flowerforyou:

123574.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! I had mine out about 5 1/2 years ago after the birth of my 1st child. How did you find out yo needed yours out. I had the worst pain ever, not to mention I had just givin birth 6 weeks before. I thought the gallbladder pains where much much worse.

good luck and hope you heal fast!!:flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I would ask your doctor what he would recommend for you. :flowerforyou:

Best wishes on a speedy recovery! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! I had mine out about 5 1/2 years ago after the birth of my 1st child. How did you find out yo needed yours out. I had the worst pain ever, not to mention I had just givin birth 6 weeks before. I thought the gallbladder pains where much much worse.

good luck and hope you heal fast!!:flowerforyou:

I agree - much worse than childbirth - no break in the pain! I had mine out about 7 weeks after my first was born - more than 5 1/2 years ago though!! Actually - 20 years ago this month. Had a stone caught - I hope she didn't find out that way!!

Good luck with your surgery and recovery Jakspak! I hope it goes well :flowerforyou:
  • jakspak
    Options
    turns out i have had them since i had my frist 7 yrs ago but i thought it was bad indergestion and was too imbarrised to go into the hospital but then years later well last year i realsied only pain killers were working so maybe it was something else turns out they are more like rocks in there and full of them. went to aussie last october for 6 weeks to see my mom and while there had the first week full of attacks man i thought it was going to be along 6 weeks if it was going to be like this but lucky i stoped taking the iron pills i was given (as im low) and few days later it stoped the attacks so who knows

im so glad to be getting in so soon and i was bumbed over from public hospital to private as the puplic doctor is leaving and so teh contract has been taken up by private hospital no cost to me so doing it in style and know im getting the best lol

mom is coming over few days before to watch the kids and help around the house while hubby at work and im getting better. going to drive down from napier to wellington 4 hour drive to pick her up from airport going to be cheaper than her flying from there to here she is coming from sydney. will be nice going down as we have not been back since we shifted from there 5yrs ago kinda miss the place

ok going to have shower now kids are quiet infront of the tv watching wiggles catch you all soon
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I had went to the emergancy room 4 times and doctors 2 times before they did an ultrasound. My doctor called me immediately and said you have multiple stones and you need it out asap. It was crazy how fast everything went.

Good luck!!:flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you and wishing you a speedy recovery!

The bright side of being out of the gym for a month is a nice long rest for muslces, and you will be ready to go when recovered! It will give a nice jolt to your metabolism!
    :flowerforyou:
  • jakspak
    Options
    Good luck to you and wishing you a speedy recovery!

The bright side of being out of the gym for a month is a nice long rest for muslces, and you will be ready to go when recovered! It will give a nice jolt to your metabolism!
    :flowerforyou:

your right never thought about it like that could be a good thing then cause im only 44 pounds from my weight loss goal well just under i think but still so close i need all the help i can get to kick it in gear still and keep on track lol mth off will be nice i guess lol will have to go visit them when i can get around or ill go through withdrawl symptoms lol
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    just had mine out on tuesday. still in pain, worse than labor. not as bad today. the pain is from the air they pump into your belly. pain meds don't do alot for it. they found 132 stones and it had started to fall apart when he was taking it out. mine was in bad shape. for years thought i had acid reflux, until the attacks were coming more often. i had been told 10 years ago it didn't work, but, as long as it wasn't bothering me it would be ok. needless to say i haven't seen that doctor in 10 yrs. the ones i have seen in the last week were surprised he didn't take it out than. but, when they heard who he was they understood. he doesn't have a good rep right now in the medical field. i just ate some soup yesterday, didn't work came up last night. ate a piece of toast this moring came out the other end. they say it's an adjustment in how your body functions without it.
    they gave me some of my stones. they were the size of peas.
    good luck and walk it does help with the gas pain.
  • CinAngel75
    Options
    I had mine done about 11 years ago, after I had my twins. I thought I was having a heart attack or something, the pain was so bad. I went to my dr and immediately he said gall stones. He sent me to the surgeon and after my exam, he said that I had an infection that had to clear before they could do the surgery. I found that for the first few weeks after my surgery, my appetite was rather low anyway. I actually lost about 4 lbs the month after mine....I wasnt over weight at the time..but I noticed a loss.

Since my surgery I have found that some times I have a little harder time processing greasy or spicy foods...chinese food is a killer!

Wishing you the best of luck!!
  • petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I too had mine out after I had my twins... I complained to my doc all through my pregnancy about indigestion, turned out it was my gall bladder..

I ended up in the emergency room one night with the pain, still thinking terrible indigestion or ulcer or something... I remember them asking me if I had taking any pain killers and I thought they were crazy - that aspirin would help indigestion...

Once they determined it was my gall bladder they gave me Demerol and WOW did I feel better... I had to wait out the infection for a few weeks and then had it out via laparoscopy.. my surgeon was thrilled that I had just had twins b/c the skin and tummy area was all stretched out :embarassed:

anyway, the surgery was a breeze (worst part was I was still nursing at the time and I had to pump and dump for a few days after 'cause of all the drugs in my system)...

Much better now that it's out.. I had been warned by folks before that I might have problems after eating certain foods, but so far I haven't had that problem... just glad that pain is gone!

I'm amazed by how many women (especially right after having their kids) have had this issue! I've heard it's an estrogen thing...

I guess my son and twin girls are worth the stretch marks and loss of body parts! :bigsmile: