P90x - starting tomorrow but nervous

Options
Hi, all,
I have been successful with exercise by really mixing up what I do - sometimes it's Zumba classes, sometimes weight training or Pilates DVD's, sometimes running or walking outdoors, and lately I've started taking Taekwondo. I know tons of people that have done P90x successfully and it feels like you need to be really, really committed to doing just that exercise program. Not only doesn't my schedule ALWAYS allow an hour a day, but I think I might get bored seeing Tony Horton every day for 3 months. Plus, I have paid for Taekwondo lessons and can't give that up, so there are a couple of days a week that I won't be doing P90x off the bat.

Has anyone been successful with doing P90x a few days a week, instead of the full commitment it seems to call for? What's the best way to manage through that?

Replies

• ElaineDianne70
    ElaineDianne70 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Well, I haven't gotten bored of Tony and I'm on my 3rd round, lol. But maybe I'm weird. =)

Have you decided which schedule you want to follow? Lean or Classic?

You have a couple of options. One would be to follow whichever schedule you decide on, but just extend the schedule when you do other exercises. So don't skip a workout, just delay it. The other option would be to substitute your Taekwondo workouts on P90X cardio days (which depends based on the schedule you follow - but would usually be Cardio X/Plyo days and Kenpo days).

Make sense?

Elaine
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I do other things with my Turbo Fire. I just delay the scheduled workout a day. I'd assume it would be okay to do the same with P90x. You won't finish in 90 days but I bet you'll see the same results.
  • seckler
    seckler Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first round of P90X classic. I substituted running for my cardio days- I say make the program work for you. How many days do you have the class? I got up and first thing in the morning did my workouts and then got ready for work. Can you do your P90X in the morning and then it wouldn't interfere with the class?