Hello! Any other Paleo peeps with autoimmune disease?

Options
Hi! I'm Erica from Baltimore. I lead an entirely dual-life between working full-time as a nurse practitioner as well as working as a musician/composer/keyboardist/composer, and have autoimmune disease. So yeah, lots to juggle! Just did my first Whole30, feel like I am slowly-but-surely beginning to heal and strengthen my body. My largest realization lately is *just how behind* modern medicine is in terms of dietary guidelines/recommendations...it is quite astounding, actually! Would love to talk to others on here who are paleo as well. I am reading "The Paleo Approach" at current, and it is an amazing book. My primary goal is to calm down my fiery over-reactive immune system, maintain weight, or just lose whatever unnecessary fat I have/turn it into muscle, and become overall more resilient! (Also, funny goal I know, but I'd like to be able to lift my own huge workstation keyboard and related amps/gear when I tour/perform-my boyfriend is a keyboardist as well- so we gotta carry our own gear!! lol). Feel free to hit me up re: autoimmune disease/leaky gut theories to overall healing, etc. For exercise, I do a mix of calisthenics, running/cardio, and yoga so far, but am always up for new routines/ideas! Nice to join this community!

Replies

• ladylensherr
    ladylensherr Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I read Paleo Approach and really enjoyed it, I'm so addicted to sugar that I have been having a hard time diving into whole30 or anything but really want to try. Any tips ?
  • knappette
    knappette Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I loved that book, as it explains the science behind everything I was experiencing related to my MS. I'm just starting on the Wahls Protocol, which is a modified AIP/Paleo diet with no eggs or dairy. Takes some adapting, but so far I feel great! Kicking the sugar addiction is no joke. I had terrible migraines at first, but then they went away and now I just crave fruit :-)