Losing weight after baby, whilst breastfeeding & section

Options
chizzle82
chizzle82 Posts: 3 Member
edited July 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hi,

I'm Cheryl. I was 2 stone overweight prior to getting pregnant with my 4th child. Then I put on an additional 3 stone. Saw a photo of me now, yesterday & I cried. I'm back on this. I'm breastfeeding but it hasn't helped one iota with weight loss this time round. I'm aware I need an extra 500 calories a day. Had my 4th c section too, so that's definitely not helped. Anybody in a similar situation or experience of it? Thanks.

Replies

• ambrise
    ambrise Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes! Baby weight stinks! Trying to lose mine while breastfeeding.
  • DawnzCreationz
    DawnzCreationz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Same boat! My daughter is 6 months old now and I was so good before her! I had lost 100 pounds! Just saw a picture of myself and weighed myself to see I've gained 60 of it back :'(
  • ashleygarcia0325
    ashleygarcia0325 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My son is almost 3 months old and I'm also breastfeeding. I have about 20 lbs to lose from pregnancy (this is my first one). Ugh they say you're weight will "fall right off" if you breastfeed.....still waiting. Hence the fact I'm back on here
  • keenaco02
    keenaco02 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My son is almost 3 months old and I'm also breastfeeding. I have about 20 lbs to lose from pregnancy (this is my first one). Ugh they say you're weight will "fall right off" if you breastfeed.....still waiting. Hence the fact I'm back on here

I'm in the exact same boat. I was 30 lbs heavier after this pregnancy. I just started loosing weight and my daughter just turned 3 months. It's taken alot of walking and working out and a lot of disciple in stating away from snacky carbs ... Which are what most breastfeeding moms love a quick and easy carb snack.
  • ckibui578
    ckibui578 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My son will be 2 months Saturday. I'm at my pre pregnancy weight, however, I still have 70 lbs to lose to be at my goal weight.
  • dearcassandrab
    dearcassandrab Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I had my baby a little over 3 months ago and have lost 57 pounds. I breastfeed on demand, don't eat dairy, and workout 6 times a week. I eat boiled eggs for a snack, or an avocado. I make smoothies. It's not always easy but it's helped and I craved sugar so bad after she was born but I overcame my cravings. If anyone needs support or a friend add me!
  • Goldie14
    Goldie14 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My baby is 4 months old now but was born very prematurely so had a very emotional roller coaster to get through. Now desperately trying to lose baby weight and some extra. I'm breastfeeding and trying to walk lots using pacer app and mfp
    I'm in Hampshire, England feel free to add me
  • bernihall
    bernihall Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My baby is one (eek) and I am still losing the weight. I had done really well but we went on holiday last week and I put 10lbs on...oops.

Feel free to add me x
  • SarahKT82
    SarahKT82 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi girls I think this is the moat appropriate forum for me, got a 2 month old and struggling to get back to ore pregnancy weight. Need some encouragement from others doing the same
  • laura6819
    laura6819 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have a six week old baby, I've got 30lb to lose, one stone of this is from my first pregnancy that I still haven't shifted. I only started my healthy eating two days ago. I'm craving sugar so badly and I'm knackered from night feeds. I too need some encouragement.

The part I'm finding most challenging is changing my eating habits. It's so hard not to just reach for easy snacks like crisps and chocolate when I'm tired.

Feel free to add me, I will try and add some people when I work out how to do this haha
  • arpithad
    arpithad Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    3.5 months old first daughter and trying to lose 30lbs. Seems like I have hit the wall.
  • graciesxmommy
    graciesxmommy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 month old and in the same boat. Feel free to add me.
  • tynute
    tynute Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have 6months old baby girl, still brestfeeding and also trying to loose weight :) feel free to add my if you want.
  • shawna48
    shawna48 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I hate that people say breastfeeding should make the weight fall right off. Ummmm I've never been so hungry in my entire life as i was the first couple months post baby. Annnnyway, I'm about 4 months pp now and started working on my intake as my hunger and cravings have started to subside. Clean eating and manageable calories for me for a while! I haven't made it to the gym all week with a congested allergy baby waking 3 times a night and working full-time...but I've stuck to better food and I'm feeeling way better about myself already. We can do this mamas!
  • iamtiti2014
    iamtiti2014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. Im also after c section, first baby, but no breastfeeding unfortunately.
    40 pounds extra ... on d belly and backside....
    Cery hard looking at myself but also find the energy for workout.....
    Ahhh
    So not fair to our bodies......