Contraceptive Implant?

Options
Hey I'm new, I've only been going at this Properly for the past week and I've lost 2lbs (though it's not on my page thing I think). I'm trying to lose at least 5 stone.
I'm a Brit and that just in case your curious haha, I was just wondering if anyone here has or has had the contraceptive implant and If it affected their weight loss or not. I've been trying to lose weight for a few months using interval training but I didn't lose a pound.
I read that the implant hinders weight loss, although I am getting it removed soon I'm just curious to know if anyone else has had it or has it and if it affected them in any way with their weight loss goals.

Replies

• babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I've the implant. I definitely gained when I had it put in, but it's hard to tell by how much as my food intake increased and my fitness decreased around that time. I'm not having much problems shifting weight at the moment, it's a little slow but I'm working hard fitness why to tone and build muscle.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    my daughter lost over 100lbs in a year with the implant in so , it can be done!

good luck on your journey
  • sd892310
    sd892310 Posts: 151
    Options
    i have the implant, and have had it for 18 months now, and i have so far lost 36lbs so it can be done with the implant, i just find its a slightly slower loss
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I just got one in April and my weightloss has definitely slowed since then.
  • slightlynikki
    Options
    Thanks, it's just everything I've read either says that you can lose weight but it's difficult or that you lose a certain amount and then can't get rid of it. I'm getting rid of it mainly because of my mood swings which are not fair on my other half. I think I did beter o the pill :/ but it is a worry for me ATM. I have a little hope than when I get it removed all the weight drOps off but I think that's wishful thinking.
  • ljw556
    ljw556 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say. I had the implant inserted in my arm about 2 years ago. Since then I have gained 79lb. I think it had a lot to do with emotional eating and reduction in exercise, but I'm not sure that the implant was completely innocent. I do not believe that it hinders weight loss though as I have lost 22lb - roughly 4lb per week in the last 6 weeks.