I've been working so hard!!!!

Options
If I don't loose a little tomorrow I will be soooo upset! Trying to loose weight is messing with my head!

Replies

• jennyjla
    jennyjla Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Have you tried judging your results with how you feel or look in your clothing.. what about your mesurments... and also consider the work outs or eating style. Maybe they are not ment for you... maybe your bodys needs are different. We are all so different we are individuals we need to approach "weight losss" the same. One way to re approach this is ... changing the term weight loss to being fit or healthy ... or to be my best. What is your reason to be a better you.. knowing the indepth purpose of this is vital..
  • Neanbean13
    Neanbean13 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Yeah its frustrating. Do u record everything you consume accurately and monitor what results u have if you been consistently reaching your calories goal? I'd also measure in inches rather than weight. Do measurements. Weight is so dicey. Muscle mass, water retention etc it messes with your mind. I've been up a kg even hitting food goals but 2 days later lost 1.2kg. But I'm my jeans they falling off *kitten* so happy days! !
  • DesireeD19
    DesireeD19 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys!!!!!!!!! I am measuring everything I eat. I think we all agree that when we don't meet our nutrition or exercise goals it makes sense that we don't loose weight. But what really inhibits my weight loss is a string of days where I do everything right and still don't loose weight or even gain some. I'm only struggling for a pound a week! Shouldn't be too hard right? But I did loose some weight this morning!!!!! Trying desperately to get all this baby weight off before I turn 40!
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Losing weight takes time so you just to be patient and the hard work will eventually pay off. I have to keep reminding myself that too.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    My best advice is ditch that mindset ASAP. Working hard and making positive changes is worth every ounce of effort, and there are way too many factors that impact the number on the scale. Letting it have that much power will only be negative.

This process takes time. Your body needs weeks to get used to your plan to take in less calories, and it's still adjusting to any exercise you're trying out.

The hard work is the prize really, the results only come if you're persistent and dedicated.. so don't let a slow loss or no loss keep you from pushing forward and continuing on!

I had to have my husband hide the scale so I can't weigh more than once a month because I let that number discourage me. "ugh I felt like I was working sooooooooo hard and there's no result, screw it I don't want to be miserable for no reason!" cue binge guilt restrict.
  • 1shedev
    1shedev Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    What are you doing?
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    brb_2013 wrote: »
    My best advice is ditch that mindset ASAP. Working hard and making positive changes is worth every ounce of effort, and there are way too many factors that impact the number on the scale. Letting it have that much power will only be negative.

This process takes time. Your body needs weeks to get used to your plan to take in less calories, and it's still adjusting to any exercise you're trying out.

The hard work is the prize really, the results only come if you're persistent and dedicated.. so don't let a slow loss or no loss keep you from pushing forward and continuing on!

I had to have my husband hide the scale so I can't weigh more than once a month because I let that number discourage me. "ugh I felt like I was working sooooooooo hard and there's no result, screw it I don't want to be miserable for no reason!" cue binge guilt restrict.

Exactly! Stay away from the scale! Don't weigh yourself anymore than a few times per month but use other measurements to determine your progress such as the way your clothes feel or your stamina and of course the measuring tape. Just know that each day you make good choices you are moving toward your goal.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear.

Don't focus on any single day's weight or even week to week. Each measurement is just one data point in your overall weight trend. Record your weight over a few months and see if you are losing in the long term.

This chart has good info:

bbg0mw3uwzwn.jpg
  • atitagain1958
    atitagain1958 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I agree, if the scale is messing with your head, don't weigh yourself as much. The number one concern should be eating healthy with the proper amount of calories and moving more. If you do this...you WILL lose weight.
  • jahillegas_51
    jahillegas_51 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I would try changing your psychology from Weight loss to fat loss. Weight-loss can easily be obtained through unhealthy measures of starving yourself and not drinking any water. Becoming so fix on the number you see is a rather unhealthy lifestyle and makes the one life we get to live a rather miserable experience. Instead focusing on fat loss is a lot healthier as some days there will be no progress in terms of the scale however the mirror will show you that you're looking better and your physique is getting leaner. For most people there comes a time in the fat loss journey where the rate at which they gain muscle is the same rate at which they lose fat and it is during this time that the scale does not move yet they look better in the mirror. This is why I always recommend to people that they take progress photos along with weekly weigh-ins this offers more consistent and accurate data.

How often do you weigh yourself and when?

Hope this helps:))