alternative to diet arizona green tea

Options
Schwiggity
Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
How would I make a similar iced green tea to this (says "with Honey and Ginseng" but obviously that's not true because it's 0 calorie).

Also, any other ideas of what to put in iced green tea would be welcome. Thanks!

Replies

• amyserf
    amyserf Posts: 7
    Options
    Fresh mint and squeeze some tangerine juice in there. Mmmmm.
  • feeny
    feeny Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    lemon! Cut a lemon into wedges and squeeze the juice in, then put a wedge or 2 in the glass. so good.
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I buy torani sugar free flavored syrups at smart and final or cost plus world market. My latest favorites are sugar free peach and sugar free black cherry, both of which are delicious in tea. I have a sugar free orange but I haven't tried it yet. The blackberry and raspberry are also pretty good. But my favorite tea is iced black tea with lemon and sweet and low....can't go wrong with that on a hot day!
  • bms34b
    bms34b Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    stevia/truvia. lovezzz
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    You can get Ginseng tea bags and brew it w/the green tea. For a sweetener, agave nectar has a honey-like flavor (but is not 0 calories). Stevia would work. If you wanted to add a fruity flavor, Celestial Seasonings makes 0 calorie stevia-sweetened ice tea bags (there's a tangerine and a berry that are both great). Again, brew them with the green tea (at a guess, I'd say 1 ice tea bag and 3 green tea bags for a quart of water).
  • corimac
    corimac Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I add a few slices of fresh orange, lemon and strawberries to the pitcher and let it sit a few hours in the fridge before I start drinking it. Dellish!

Edited to add- i just brew plain green tea.
  • spatticus
    spatticus Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Agave nectar! Even my husband will drink it. Depending on how much you sweeten it its about 15 cals for 24 ounces. Sometimes I add frozen raspberries too.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    I like the Constant Comment Green Tea to make ice tea with. It has an orange spice flavor to it. Use what ever sweetner you like. One warning about making green tea, don't let the water get quite to a boil, and don't let it steep more than 2-3 minutes....use more tea bags if you need to. The longer the tea bags sit in the boiling water the more bitter the tea.