Fitbit Charge HR

Options
2»

Replies

• seabell007
    seabell007 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    CyeRyn wrote: »
    I absolutely loved the device and found it to be very helpful and accurate but a few months ago the device refused to sync to my phone anymore after about 6 months of use. Contacted fitbit customer service and after awhile of troubleshooting they stated it was because my device was "not a recommended syncing device" but I had been using it for months and it also would not sync to the desktop or to any other device I attempted, they wouldn't give me a resolution. Very suprising because ive heard amazing things about their customer service but that was my honest experience.

Do you have your wifi on while trying to sync? I had the same issue but once I turned my phones wifi off it syncs just fine.

When mine would not sync I found that if I turned the blue tooth on my phone off the turned it back on it would stay syncing again
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    In many aspects it was a decent device and I loved it. However, in less than two years I had to replace it twice because they are cheaply made with materials that are not very durable and so they fell apart. My father and husband have both had issues as well. My husband was able to salvage his, but my Dad and I have moved on to the Apple Watch. I like the metrics that Fitbit tracked, and the "sleep" tracking was far superior in my opinion. I also preferred Fitbit's software - it allowed you to look at your metrics on a very granular level.

That being said, the Charge HR is $150 and I couldn't get one to last a year, and I didn't do anything outrageous with it. Wore it all the time and only took it off to shower. The plastic pieces where the charger go are very delicate and both times broke beyond repair when I was charging it. The only other downfall was I had a constant rash on my arm from it and I cleaned the Fitbit daily with rubbing alcohol, and it never got wet. I am active but don't get active to the point where I sweat profusely, so I'm not certain about the rash - could have been an allergy which is why I went with the watch since I could get a metal band (am allergic to latex). The other draw back to the Fitbit is that if the band breaks that's it - you cannot just change it out for a new one :/

• adamyovanovich
    adamyovanovich Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    mine wouldnt sync the other day, plug it in and hold the button down for 12 seconds, the device will reboot. Then disconnect it from your app and go through the install process again, then it worked for me fine.