Do calories equate to weight loss?

Options
I was wondering if anyone had an idea if counting calories alone will help, nutrition wise, to lose weight? Like I use the myfitnesspal to monitor sodium and the other stuff but I've noticed I eat a lot of foods with a lot of fat. If I'm under my calorie goal but eating way too many fatty foods, will that be a factor in not losing weight

PS - I have been dieting and exercising for 19 days now officially and have lost nothing... So I wanna make sure I'm eating the right foods

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Yes, keeping in your calories will help you lose weight.
    A professor in Kansas once ate twinkies for 10 weeks to prove this point. He lost 27 pounds.
    *I peeked at your diary. You are around 1,500. Lower it to 1,400?
    Get a food scale if you don't have one at walmart. Best $20 bucks you will spend in your life.
    You could eat an all fat diet and lose weight as long as you stay under in calories.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    You need a calorie defecit to lose weight. Its the ONLY thing you need to lose weight.

Nutrition has ZERO to do with weight loss. You could eat nothing but spoonfuls of sugar and lard and lose weight, as long as you eat less calories than your body burns. Watch your food choices are for health (veggies, fruits, proteins, carns, etc...), watch your calories for weight.
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    How fast you lose also depends on how much weight you have to lose. If you have 20 pounds or less it will be slower than if you have 100 or more.
  • MikilouB
    MikilouB Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Basically, I have lost about 30 lbs just with logging and staying in a calorie deficit. I just recently started exercising (walking) with and eye to getting in better shape for health reasons. Just be sure you are weighing all your food...that as my biggest aha, eyeballing portion size can be misleading. It may take a while, but stick with it!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Calories are king for weight loss. It's not about the 'right type of foods'. Of course, it helps if you concentrate on foods that keep your hunger satisfied for longer (protein, fats, fiber), but you will certainly lose weight if you include a chocolate bar every day just as long as that chocolate bar doesn't cause you to go over your calories.

(I have treats almost every day and am 90lbs down).
  • izziedodat
    izziedodat Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!!!! Great feedback!!