4stone (56lbs) gone forever!

Options
So i havent posted much in these forums i mainly read everyone elses success stories but iv gone past my origional goal now and am on target to start maintaing.
I started in jan this year 04/01/2016. I was 14.11 (198lbs) i ate rubbish food, way too many calories, massive portions, and too much junk snaks. I did very little excersize. I got the bus and taxis everywhere!
I was a size 16/18 and i didnt think i cared. Id put the weight on gradually since starting uni in 2009. I thought i was happy and content as i was. I think it because i was lazy and thought it was easier to just be happy as i was.

Nothing changed, nothing made me do it. It wasnt a nye resulution. I just decided to start logging my food on mfp on jan 4th. I wasnt planning to loose i was just watching what my intake was like.
I became competitive with it "oh that 50 cals less il have those then" or il try stick to the amount of cals it suggests. And i just got stuck with staying to the correct cals. I dont limit myself if i want chocolate i have it but i dont have a double snickers bar il have a kitkat or a bag of malteasers. If i was a biscuit i wont have to whole roll of chocolate digestives to go with my cup of tea il have one or two.

I eat so much better fresh fruit and veg and i love them. I hardly eat processes things now.

I walk 6 miles a day to work and back.
A tyipical work day looks like this

Muisli 30g & skimmed milk
Soup & x3 slices of danish loaf
Muller corner
Sandwhich made on a sandwhich thin
Banana
Grapes
Crisps bakes or popcorn
Cereal bar

X5 cups of tea throughout day & kitkat at evening.

I never thought i would fit back into size 10 clothing but last night at work i was in size 10 trousers and loved it. I sometimes fins myself picking up size 16 & 14 clothes in shops my brain hasnt caught up with my size yet and when i look in a mirror i do somtimes struggle to see the diference as i didnt see a problem before. Its looking a photos that changes my mind! My face and legs are so much thinner.

If i can do it anyone can do it! :)

Replies

• jodietownsend03
    jodietownsend03 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    How do you post photos?
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Well done, Jodie. I, too, am down from UK size 16/18 (closer to 18) to 10/12 (more often 10 these days). Buying some crops last week I took the 10 and the 12 into the changing room, convinced that the tiny 10 wouldn't cover even one leg. So, I bought the 10 which fits comfortably; my brain hasn't caught up with my body. This took me a year, and I lost 29k. Isn't it a good feeling? Best wishes to you.
  • jodietownsend03
    jodietownsend03 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yeh its strange how it takes time to catch up! The best feeling in world fitting into somthing you are such you wont! That glide over the hips!
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Way to go!

To post a picture I think you upload it to a hosting site like photobucket and copy and paste the img tags (looks like this with a URL but no spaces between the brackets [ IMG ] ). I've never put a picture on the forums so I'm not sure, but I think it would work like that.
  • bhanvi
    bhanvi Posts: 133 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    dezv128exls7.png

Testing photo post option

Yea! It worked. Just click on the camera icon next to smiley icon and choose the picture from library. Btw congrats on your success. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!