how did i gain weight

Options
I have been eating less than 1200 cal and moatly fruit and vegetables.. i lost from 92 kg to 84.8 ..and the today it showed 85.7 .. i am really upset..

Replies

• honeyseymour123
    honeyseymour123 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Could be water weight. You weight always changes. Eating loads of fruit isn't great as it contains loads of sugar and it all adds up
  • branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss from 92 kg to 84.8 kg! That is awesome!
    Weight loss is not always linear. There are ups and downs. Perhaps, up until now, your loss has been linear. Don`t lose hope, keep doing what you are doing, or tweak things a bit as needed.
  • Katzedernacht
    Katzedernacht Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Hello, weight also fluctuates with things like period,how much you go to bathroom and stuff.
    Yes fruits have sugar but also have awesome nutrients, I just learnt to switch them up, like, strawberries, watermelon, cantaloupe and papaya have less sugar than say bananas and mangos, so I eat more of the first and just one piece of the latter. good luck and don't be discouraged!
  • Samanthor
    Samanthor Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Could also be hormonal changes! I often gain a little weight right before I start my period, but it's just water weight and I go right back down when it's over. Also it might be a different amount of food or water in your stomach, or any number of incremental changes that aren't fat gain. I use the program Happy Scale for iPhone where I plug in my weight each day and it shows me a trend line rather than each individual day's weight.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Water weight
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hello, weight also fluctuates with things like period,how much you go to bathroom and stuff.
    Yes fruits have sugar but also have awesome nutrients, I just learnt to switch them up, like, strawberries, watermelon, cantaloupe and papaya have less sugar than say bananas and mangos, so I eat more of the first and just one piece of the latter. good luck and don't be discouraged!

Sugar doesn't make you fat
  • suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Very few people should be eating less than 1200
  • Konigboy
    Konigboy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Agree with the others, water weight. Last weekend I ate a lot of seafood and had foods I don't usually eat, but still stayed in my calorie goals and didn't eat into my exercise calories. To my shock, stepped on the scale and had a 8 lb weight gain. I knew it was the sodium, but still was bummed. Lost most of it in a few days and also dropped a lb. Just had a 3 lbs gain today, very frustrating when you log everything., but will continue on.