Low cal fill ups?

Options
MrsFarrow
MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
Ok everyone, I'm working with 1300 calories right now, and doing it successfully. But I'm a snacker. My go to right now is apples and unsalted pretzels, which I'm fine with, but I'm looking for more options.

What are some snacks, or even quick meals, that keep you full for decent lengths of time? I'd say around or under 300 calories.

Thanks!!!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Focus on protein, fat and fiber. Having a good balance of nutrients eating foods you like will make it easier to stick to your calories. What I like may not interest you at all :p
  • flatcoatedR
    flatcoatedR Posts: 173 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    My new favorites. They have 6 different ones to choose from.
    en64fgsnw45a.jpg
  • MrsFarrow
    Options
    My new favorites. They have 6 different ones to choose from.
    en64fgsnw45a.jpg

I've seen these but was a little hesitant. I'll have to try them and see how they work!
  • st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Dannon light and fit Greek yogurt (12/13g of protein, 80 cal), frozen banana with PB2 "sandwiches" (kind of made this up, I slice a banana and put some PB2 between 2 slices and freeze it. One banana usually makes around 12 sandwich type things and since its frozen you can't just inhale it which makes it filling for me lol), sugar free jello, 100 cal bags of microwaveable popcorn, Yasso frozen Greek yogurt bars, and when I don't want to waste any calories diet soda and sparking ice help with sugar cravings :smile:
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Mozzarella cheese stick and about 10 almonds. Might be cheaper than the packaged cheese and nuts.
  • MrsFarrow
    Options
    st476 wrote: »
    Dannon light and fit Greek yogurt (12/13g of protein, 80 cal), frozen banana with PB2 "sandwiches" (kind of made this up, I slice a banana and put some PB2 between 2 slices and freeze it. One banana usually makes around 12 sandwich type things and since its frozen you can't just inhale it which makes it filling for me lol), sugar free jello, 100 cal bags of microwaveable popcorn, Yasso frozen Greek yogurt bars, and when I don't want to waste any calories diet soda and sparking ice help with sugar cravings :smile:
    I LIVE on that yogurt! That and they have new crunch kinds, delicious and all 100cal and under!

I'll have to try the banana idea!
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'm likely weird, but I love cereal as a snack. Also, I like sugar free jello when I want to taste something but don't have calories to spare. And then there are the premade fruit in gelatin...the ones I get are 40 calories.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Protein bar or nutri-grain bar for me.
  • meganlc0
    meganlc0 Posts: 34 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Weight Watchers brand string cheese (there are other brands with 50-60 cals too) 50 cals, 6 grams of protein. I love to have them with an apple. They are fairly high in sodium though