Bye WW Hello MFP

Options
Just cancelled my WW subscription to come here. It just wasn't working out for me and I didn't want to keep paying $20/month for an app that was constantly unavailable due to "updates". Anyways, it's late here in Indiana but I'd just pop in and say hi. :)

Replies

• tmi_gang
    tmi_gang Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Greetings from Texas!
  • SuzMar17
    SuzMar17 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Me too.... cancelling WW....what I love about this is I can see all calories, sugar and macros.....where WW all we see points.....makes a big difference.....
  • flatcoatedR
    flatcoatedR Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You will love it here! Of course like everything in life, you will get out of it as much as you put into it. So jump right in. Ask questions, vent, encourage others as they encourage you. I was in WW for years for years. The program works, but I think you will enjoy the freedom you'll feel using MFP. Good luck.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Free is so much better.
  • tboz08202016
    tboz08202016 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I used WW several years ago and never lost an ounce and I went to meetings every week to weigh in. I got MFP in April and I'm down 48.8 pounds!! Way better here.....especially if you build a friend base to cheer you on!
  • flatcoatedR
    flatcoatedR Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I used WW several years ago and never lost an ounce and I went to meetings every week to weigh in. I got MFP in April and I'm down 48.8 pounds!! Way better here.....especially if you build a friend base to cheer you on!

Congrats on the 48.8. Good job!
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing and saw so much more success with MFP than I did with WW. Welcome!
  • happydispatcher
    happydispatcher Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have had success on WW when I had access to meetings and had friends on the program as well. Now that there are no meetings where I live I only have access to WW online and it just isn't the same. I was on MFP a while ago and liked it so I am back to try again. Anyone can add me if they wish. Good Luck
  • 2muchfnsugar
    2muchfnsugar Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! That was a great move for you.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I had WW a few years ago and ended up cancelling (thank goodness it was a trial!) to use MFP instead. Its essentially the same setup/plan, its just here MFP is straight forward with calories and macros, where WW hides all that behind a point system. I'm proud to say that MFP has helped me lose over 100 lbs!