Best Fitness App Ever -> Pokemon Go

Options
LunariusHaberdash
LunariusHaberdash Posts: 44 Member
edited July 2016 in Motivation and Support
Alright, it's not actually a fitness app, it's a fun little game put onto your phone that encourages you to go out and explore the world and keep active. It does this by letting you go out and hunt virtual creatures in the world and collect them, as well as marking off various locations in your area you can stop by and check. I'm not here to promote the game, except I totally am. It's really obvious in this blog just how excited I am about this, so much so that I put together this Group to try and find new MyFitnessPal Fanatics who are using this so we can share our adventures, talk about our frustrations, and talk about how it's helped our fitness routine.

Seriously people, get on board. I've never had so much fun exercising. (Also - It got me into posting on the blog and groups on here, and I've been here like a year)

Replies

• Christina_3192
    Christina_3192 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Burned 250 cals just now CATCHING THEM ALLLLLL
  • mean_jeannie
    mean_jeannie Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this with my son - so much fun!
  • chezzabelle82
    chezzabelle82 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Oh mannnnnn why is this not available in the u.k. :disappointed:
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Not available for me either :(
    I have been watching for it for months...
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    My kids love this app! The day they started playing this is the first time all summer they have willingly been active. Might have to use this on my morning runs... to be a good example to the kids, of course. Not to beat them or anything ;)
  • MsArriabella
    MsArriabella Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    @JenHuedy Same for me! The kids actually wanted to go with me on a walk last night! Usually I have to nag them to get them out of their rooms (teenagers :neutral: )
  • atitagain1958
    atitagain1958 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm telling my grandson about this! Thanks!
  • Vicwantsabs
    Vicwantsabs Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun
    Can't wait to try
    Please add me I can use support and friends
  • khaleesikhaleesi
    khaleesikhaleesi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    If the servers were better, I'd have been able to play more, haha! I can't wait until they get all the kinks worked out.
  • FloraJL
    FloraJL Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    If the servers were better, I'd have been able to play more, haha! I can't wait until they get all the kinks worked out.

Truer words have never been spoken! It's so bad for me that the MAJORITY of time I'm waiting for servers or reloading the game. And when I got it working I went from 60% battery life to only 30% battery life in only 5 minutes! (But I got a Poliwhirl, a Vulvix, and a Pigiotto so it was worth it.)

But it makes me want to go outside, which is awesome!
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    my husband mentioned this game last night... I now have a hope that it will encourage him to come with me to the trails!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Yes! I plan on getting the matching nerd watch that goes with it.

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/pokemon-go-plus/131550
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I've been playing it since it was called Ingress.
  • LaReineDesPixels
    LaReineDesPixels Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'd love to actually try it out if the servers will stay up! :D
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I got charmander and pidgey so far. But the only thing from my part of town to almost the Canadian border is venonat. Damn thing is hanging out in a pond between my property and walmart, so I can't get him.
  • LunariusHaberdash
    Options
    *dies laughing* Oh Rottified, I feel your pain honey. I can only imagine how some of the poor people living on the shore of the great lakes feel, or the ocean.
  • LunariusHaberdash
    Options
    So who else is out there walkin' the miles looking for these digital beasties? I was out for about 5 hours last night with my family. A bit obsessive, but it was a Friday. :) Found some really neat hidden parts of town.
  • chezzabelle82
    chezzabelle82 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Need to find out when this is coming to the uk
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Was on the other side of town today. Ahhh so many. Caught several but poliworl and eevee were hiding. I think I may go back tonight.