Do you work out PLUS do the 30 Day Shred?

Options
I love going to the gym. I enjoy being there, but I really want to start 30DS, too. For those who have done it, do you do both?

Also, how do you calculate calories burned?

Replies

• ncorkett
    ncorkett Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I just finished Day 1 of the 30DS and would love to know how to calculate the calories, too.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    When I completed the program a few years ago, I did usually do some extra cardio on most days. I use my HRM to calculate calories. However, if you don't have one, my numbers match up closely to "aerobics, general" depending on what level I was on.
  • Stephie_W
    Stephie_W Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The best response I found to the question of how to track the 30 DS is to call it circuit training, general. Makes sense to me.

I just started the 30 days last night, and I'm also curious if others are working out in addition to it.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    yeh.
    im currently doing the 30 day shred and p90x lean.
    on day 1 today!!
    i feel like have to, because doing the 30 day shred only makes me burn 150 - 200 calories =[
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Yes I do both. I consider 30DS about toning as I lose. For cardio/fat burning I do other cardio (walk/run intervals). I have 50+ to lose. 30DS isn't going to do it on it's own. Per my HRM my heart rate isn't up that much during 30DS. And if you think about it...if you want to exercise to lose weight would you do it soley by doing 9 mins of strength, 6 mins of cardio and 3 mins of abs every day? Because that's basically what the video is.

I did 30DS and 30 mins of intervals. It was easy to fit into my day. I did them together some days and separate others. Just fit them into my day however they worked best.

For calories burned/logging. I used my HRM for calories. Then entered it into MFP...of course 30DS isn't in there, but you can go to the bottom and "add exercise", which is what I did. I made "30 Day Shred - Level X" and entered my calories.

Good luck and enjoy!
  • sharidiane
    sharidiane Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    When I first started 30DS, I burned about 270 calories. Now that I am more fit, even with 110% effort, I am lucky to get to 200 cals.

I also do about an hour of cardio after the shred. HTH!
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I just finished Day 1 of the 30DS and would love to know how to calculate the calories, too.

On Day one you burn like a billion and a half calories, after that my heart rate monitor matches pretty well with circuit training general
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I use our elliptical 3-4 days a week, Zumba class 1-2 days a week, and 30DS 3-4 times a week. Also, I try to get about 100 crunches of different kids in each day or at least 5 days a week.

I finally have a new HRM I am hoping will work right. Usually around 200 cals is a good estimate though.
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    Nooooooooooooooo, use 'aerobics general, because it logs less, why would you want to log more?

Oh and yes I do both, 30DS when I cba, and other stuff daily...
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I do 30DS and I log it under Circuit Training. On some days, I do 30DS and then I do turbofire workout. Or I'll go to the gym later on and do some stuff.
  • Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Options
    I just finished the 30DS. I loved it.
    It was an awesome workout.
    Great results.
    I logged it under 20 min of circuit training.
    I didn't do any other workouts with it.
  • mmiiaa
    mmiiaa Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I just started back up with the 30DS, which I log as Circuit Training. I'm also doing Zumba, walking, and going to the gym.