Over 50 Needing to Loose 100 lbs...NEED support from Same!!

Options
Hi,

I'm 52 and need to loose approximately 100 lbs and hoping to chat with and get support from others looking to do the same or have already gone thru it!

Thanks!

Replies

• sayingyes2success
    sayingyes2success Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm 45 pounds down since January, been on MFP since June, have about 53 more to go!
  • LisaDawn15
    LisaDawn15 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 as well and needing to lose close to that amount. 14 years ago I was 250, lost weight to 148. It took several years to do it right. Now my job has changed, I'm a desk jockey instead of a floor nurse and I've put on 50 pounds.

I'm type 2 diabetic, with poor blood sugar control, and chronic pain that limits my activity so heavy aerobic exercise is out. I love yoga, walking and gardening. Trouble is I also love reading and have a tendency to laze around doing that!

Please feel free to add me!

Gracie
  • Cowgirl6192016
    Cowgirl6192016 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies!!! :)
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! I am 54, and lost 118 pounds over two years ago, using this site.
  • nickstertx
    nickstertx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 30 and needing to lose a lot more than 100 pounds. Just getting started on MFP. My wife and I are doing it together.
  • LisaDawn15
    Options
    I'm 52 and hubs is 54, we are doing it together as well! One thing my mom does is take time one day a week and measures out portions of dry foods like cereals for herself and my stepfather. She also measures out her ice cream she has nightly, into little plastic freezer containers that only hold a 1/2c which is the usual serving size of her favorite brand.

I'm going to start using here methods and pay better attention instead of eyeballing the portion sizes.

It's a new week, good luck to you and your wife!

Gracie
  • LisaDawn15
    Options
    How's everyone doing today? I'm feeling better and able to breathe now but still have today to go before allowed all my activity back. I had a reaction to medication that caused fluid overload and caused difficulty breathing. So 8 pounds peed off and I can at least breathe. Still going though so we will see what tomorrow's weight is.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday and has good healthy habits today. The only way to change the bad habits I've formed is to work on one habit at a time. Like my eating, I'm not dieting, I'm changing my lifestyle and creating a new life that does not have binge eating, poor nutrition choices, and good whole foods in it!
    What are your thoughts on this?
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Believe in yourself and you are halfway there! You can do it, take it in small steps, one day at a time!
  • shannyo
    shannyo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Add me! I need to lose 100 total
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    You can do it. I am 57 and have lost 98 of the 110 pounds that I put on, over a 13 year span. I have done it by simply eating real food. No fad diets, no weird programs.