EA Sports Active 2 for Wii - Workout group

Options
2»

Replies

• elinsofie
    elinsofie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about getting an HRM to get a more accurate calorie burn from both EA and other activities. How big is the difference between your HRM and the EA-HRM, e_briggs?

Since I haven't got an additional HRM, I have nothing to compare with. Before you start a workout the game makes an estimate of how many calories you are likely to burn. The number I get when I've finished the workout is usually close to the estimate. So either my EA-HRM is working fine or the estimate is also wrong. I don't know how EA calculates the estimate though, and I guess the EA-HRM is not exactly high quality, so it wouldn't surprise me if it's not 100% correct.

Has anyone else tried to compare the EA-HRM to other HRMs?

If there's another site that's better for logging the exercise, that's fine with me :)
  • wildst4r
    wildst4r Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I don't have a HRM yet so I have to trust the one that came with Active 2 but I've heard that it isn't very accurate :-(
    I'm also having trouble logging in to the EA site - it keeps timing out. That's why I was looking for an alternative where we could set up a challenge.
  • wildst4r
    Options
    I just went out and bought a HRM!

It was on sale and it was only 20 Euros but it has a chest strap and seems to be working alright. I'm about to head out for a nordic walking session. Can't wait to see how many calories I've actually burned instead of doing guess-work on MFP LOL.
  • wildst4r
    Options
    got my HRM 4 hours ago and I already love it so much! Just got back from a 155 min nordic walking session and I burned 1792 calories! holy moly!
  • wildst4r
    Options
    Just finished an EA 2 workout wearing both the EA HRM and the HRM i bought yesterday. Here are the results (I stopped my HRM every time the game was loading so at the end of the workout I had the same time on the game as well as on my HRM stop watch):

EA HRM
    Time: 15 minutes
    Cals: 111 calories

my HRM
    Time: 15 minutes
    Cals: 151 calories
  • wildst4r
    Options
    Message doesn't apply anymore. It wouldn't let me delete it so I edited it.
  • EmmaShorter
    EmmaShorter Posts: 298
    Options
    Feel bad! Have slacked on the EA Sports/exercise front the last week or so. However I played tonight and intend to do that everynight this week (week days at least) I will be off work next week to so I will make up for missed workouts!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I love EA, moving on to something else in two weeks when I finish though. This is my second time round, doing the 9 week programme on hard, with 2x 2.5kg weights. I lost 6lb and 9 inches the first time, and 6lb and 9 inches this time, with two weeks left.

My HRM reads 2x the amount of cals burned though also. It is fun.