Blackberries freaking me out

Options
candistyx
candistyx Posts: 547 Member
I bought some blackberries because I never eat fruit and I thought I'd try some.
Thing is, these blackberries are huge. I remember going out in the country and picking blackberries, never in my life did I see them this size! Kind of a weird elongated shape too. It's just kind of freaking me out. Is it ok to eat these monster mutant blackberries?

Replies

• Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Yep! The giant ones are usually pretty awesome.
  • abbigail_r
    abbigail_r Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Ive heard they arent as tasty.
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    It's absolutely ok :laugh: You may be thinking about raspberries in the wild? Those are usually pretty small when you pick them out in the wild...
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    The wild berries are generally smaller than the domesticated ones. Wild ones are definitely tastier, but the domestic ones are awesome, too! And farm fruit is MUCH better than no fruit! Enjoy!

This was so funny - I remember thinking the same thing the first time I bought them in a store!
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Most berries when picked wild are alot smaller. I agree on the mutant fruit though. It's kinda sad what we do to our food. Bl'berries are delish though! Enjoy! :-)
  • Terri_39
    Terri_39 Posts: 122
    Options
    Is it ok to eat these monster mutant blackberries?

:laugh:
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I remember going to the store & buying a zucchini... Now my dad always grew them in the garden & they were HUGE!!! When I had to ask where they were located in the store the gal pointed them out to me & I was astounded! I said to her, "OMG these are just babies!" She looked at me like I was from another planet! When I told my dad he laughed, and mom just shook her head & said, "that's why we had so much zucchini bread, when they get that big they are to tough to eat!" My dad just laughed his evil little laugh! Size matters! ha ha ha I still feel guilty about buying such a tiny zucchini! I feel like I should let him go back & grow up!