Sue - Hi!

Options
suekmet
suekmet Posts: 7 Member
My name is Sue and I'm new to My Fitness Pal. Any words of advice?

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,203 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hi Sue - welcome to MFP!

My only advice is to find what works for you and stick to it... and be honest with yourself in your logging... and don't expect to hit your fitness goals over night. It takes time. :):flowerforyou:
  • suekmet
    Options
    Thank you. I've been attempting to connect my step tracker to my account. Any idea how that works?
  • spondypete
    spondypete Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Get some friends on MFP so we can support you and cheer you on.
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! what type of tracker do you use?
  • suekmet
    Options
    Jawbone Up. I uploaded the app and signed on but, nothing shows up here.
  • Fiqahana
    Fiqahana Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi Sue, welcome to MFP! I hope you'll have a wonderful time and be successful with your journey! :)

My advice is to stay committed with MFP and try to add friends on here so you'll have a support group that will be there for you to cheer you on through your ups and downs. Also to stay strong, stay positive and believe in yourself. Always get back up whenever you fall. Remember, failure does not exist unless you quit trying. Feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck dear! <3

Anyway, to anyone out there, if you ever need a friend to accompany you through this journey to a happier and healthier life, motivate you to reach for you goals, support you through ups and downs, I'm always here to be that friend, so feel free to add me! I hope we all will succeed in this journey, until the end! Have a nice day everyone! :)
  • suekmet
    Options
    I haven't yet figured out how to add friends either! As soon as I do I will ask for your friendship!
  • alash52
    alash52 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    To add someone click on there name, another screen comes up - click on their name again. Then I think it is a plus sign you need to click on to add and you can add some text if you want and then click on the check mark to send the add request. Name/name/➕/☑️
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Oh I thought you were saying hi to me. I'm Sue, Suzie, Susan. My advice is read it all then don't believe it all. Decide what is true .. research.