What is your secret to weight loss?

Options

Replies

• flatcoatedR
    flatcoatedR Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    1200 cal a day, 75 g carbs 25 g sugar. I try to make healthy choices, but pretty much eat what I want, as long as don't go over those numbers.
    Most important thing I've learn is if I eat something off program, too much, or binge, I get right back on it and keep going forward.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Last cut I did a moderate version of high fat low carb.
    So 45% of my calories came from fats and 25% from carbs.
    Made my cut a breeze, ate delicious foods and felt full, no cravings.

This.
    Fancy restaurant desserts... I about died when I found out that the Red Velvet cake in a restaurant I like is a thousand calories!

On topic, my biggest secret is logging absolutely everything.
    I know a lot of people who wouldn't log the seemingly innocuous teaspoon of daily fishoil, the few cloves of garlic and the diced onion. And really things like that aren't all that much, 40 calories here, 20 calories there, but consistently failing to log all the little things can sabotage your goals, especially if you're one of the many with daily goals that are sub 2000 calories.

GET A FOOD SCALE!!!

If you want serious changes it is crucial.

Also, this! Both worked for me as well.

It's really the little things that make big changes. Drink some water. Work out for 10 minutes. Eat better. Do it again tomorrow. Make the good days out number the bad.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Not really s secret, but the key is coonsisentcy.
  • jahillegas_51
    jahillegas_51 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    IIFYM

There is no real secret to success but if I had to pick one it would be consistency. Too often especially in fitness and I am not sure where the psychology stems from but we always push for the perfect diet the perfect meal plan the perfect work out the perfect whatever. In reality though we all know that consistency is the key to success the kid to result in anything not just in fitness we know that people like LeBron James Michael Jordan Bill Gates and Warren Buffett we're not just perfect one to or three days out of the week they were consistent day after day day after day day after day week after week year after year and that's why they got the results they got.

Your diet does not need to be perfect your workout does not need to be perfect there is no secret formula to this game that's a makes fitness so interesting. It's a science that can be backed up with evidence yet it's an artform and the fact that we are also different and what works for me may not work for you and I may not work for the next guy but it works for the next girl it's extremely difficult that way. Whatever you do it just has to be something that you can consistently do that is sustainable that doesn't add extra stress into your life or make you super super miserable. For example I have lost weight for powerlifting meet while eating burgers pop tarts and french fries.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Eating less, lifting more, putting in the work.
  • socalrunner59
    socalrunner59 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Shift perspective on food from that of food as a pleasurable activity, to understanding food as nutrition. It's a change mentally, but also a lifestyle change. Diets never work because they are nothing more than a means to an end.
  • annie_858
    annie_858 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    No sugar, low carbs, high protein, lots of chicken, veggies and smoothies!
  • powered85
    powered85 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Determining how many calories you burn each day.

Then having a food scale, weighing food and ensuring my entries match the nutrition labels to create a calorie deficit. Mastering nutrition and calorie tracking are the biggest piece of the puzzle.

• rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Plan in advance, and eat to the plan.

Doesn't really matter so much what you eat - as long as you get your nutritional needs. My plan includes donuts, ice cream, cake, etc., just in set portions that are made to fit into the full day.
  • BiggDaddy58
    BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    My mind..I made up my mind..

Low Calorie..Ride my stationary bike..lift light weights..stick to my diet..stay with it..stay mentally tough.

It is a lifestyle change..not simply a diet & exercise program.
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to get plenty of sleep. When you're tired, you don't make good choices. People tend to gravatate towards the higher calorie food.
  • rainingoverstars
    rainingoverstars Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Drugs

Jkjk
  • BarbellzNBrotein
    BarbellzNBrotein Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Drugs

Jkjk

How can I take you seriously when you come out with nonsense like this? C'mon girl.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Ignoring fads and rules and must dos and diet plans and evangelists

Cutting calories
    Moving more

Consistency
    Allowing for mistakes and social lives and just getting back on it immediately
  • Redwineandmuscles
    Redwineandmuscles Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Just keep going. Sometimes I gain a bit, and don't stay on track so well, but I just keep at it. A bag of potato chips on Friday night does not cancel eating healthy and exercising on Saturday.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Martial arts, specifically Brazilian Jui Jitsu! It is what worked for me. I found an activity that I really enjoyed doing and wanted to do as often as possible. That got me burning calories and improved my mood, which made the healthy eating choices so much easier. I focused on quantity and choosing the healthy option the majority of the time and it worked.