Hi from Middlesex

Options
Hi, I found the site a week ago and am finding it very useful, primarily for the food diary function. I've already had help from some kind people on the message boards and feel this will be a positive environment to help me change bad habits and keep me focused on my goal, which is to lose (eventually) around fifty pounds and get my fitness levels up. I live in the UK, close to London and my programme consists of trying to keep my calories within the guidelines suggested by MFP plus three visits per week to the gym - I've signed up for some personal training sessions to try and help with motivation and getting me in the habit of going to the gym regularly as I have a tendency to fall of the wagon at the slightest distraction.

Replies

• pinkgirlzoe
    pinkgirlzoe Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    hi
    i work in Edgware, Middlesex. Live in Harlow, Essex but currently working in Enfield
    i have been with MFP for about 4 weeks now i think. i love it!
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    OK ABSOLUTLY LOVE YOU!!!! You are so awesome, and one person who's post seems to actually get it. You will totally make it because you are not looking for a quick fix, but an actual solution. Talk about someone who wants a realistic change. I'm gonna friend you just because you seem to be from reality. I just dig your post because your not asking for perfection but for change. Be well and know we at mfp are pulling for you.
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hi there from Yorkshire! I've been on this site actively since Jan, and have lost 47 lbs, so you can do it :happy:

Like you say it is definately about lifestyle change and the food and exercise logging definately opens your eyes to that. I focus on eating lean protein, reasonably low carb, with lots of veggies and salads, with a small treat everyday, and it's worked for me. I do exercise, but not obsessively and find that I enjoy it - mainly Zumba once or twice a week, and Wii sports active at home, plus walking the dog at the weekend, or if my dog walker is off. I think it helps with toning the body during the weight loss, and obviouly burns cals as well.

If you need any friends for motivation and support feel free to add me. And GOOD LUCK on reaching your goal :bigsmile:
  • ljw556
    ljw556 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Lou - I live in Brum but I'm originally from Essex. I've been on here for a few months now. It's awesome. Very glad you've signed up for a personal trainer, they are the way forward. Mine has REALLY helped me. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like :-) I'd love to share the journey with you :)
  • vinnysgirl
    vinnysgirl Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome

I admire your sensible plan :smile:

Good luck and we are all here to help you on your way
  • EmsyLou77
    EmsyLou77 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Stanmore, Middlesex. Now living in Hertfordshire.

Welcome to the site. It really works! Wishing you all the best. :smile:
  • Gettingbettereveryday
    Gettingbettereveryday Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I live on the other side of Middlesex, near Staines. Just wanted to say well done on giving up smoking - looks like you're making good progress.
  • Gettingbettereveryday
    Gettingbettereveryday Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Wow Fit4mom, thanks for a very warm response... :smile:
  • cedarbrook
    cedarbrook Posts: 28
    Options
    Hey hope you enjoy this site..I sure do.. you can add me if you like .