Having a bad day, feel like quitting, need to vent

Options
It's been 4 or 5 weeks now, I've been doing between 20 and 40 minutes a day on my stationary bike (been doing HIIT for the last 2 weeks) living on rice tuna and chicken for dinner and weetabix for breakfast.

I weighed myself today abd barely any change since the first week, I thought 'ok don't panic, take some photos and check if you can see any difference' nope nothing at all.

I won't give up and it took every ounce of will power to get up at 5:30am and drag my *kitten* on the bike but jesus I thought I'd see something by now.

I'm constantly under my calorie intake before I start exercising and I weigh all my food on scales.

I've seen that chart that gets posted everywhere so I don't need to have that posted, I just wanted to have a little whinge.

Replies

• pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Yup, it feels good to whinge now and again!
    I know you didn't ask for advice, but here it is anyway... you don't have to go to extremes to lose weight. Fit in some treats (or at least some variety!), fit in some rest days, be kind to yourself!
  • tattoogal77
    tattoogal77 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Venting is healthy so it's ok to do so once in awhile. Make sure you are eating all your calories, don't put your body in starvation mode.
  • atitagain1958
    atitagain1958 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I agree with tattoogal77, don't go under your calorie intake since you're doing all that exercise. And also pebble4321, put some variety in your diet...rice, tuna and chicken is boring! Specially after 4-5 weeks! I'm not sure what weetabix is, but if you have it EVERY morning, that gets boring too! I know it may be simple, but you'll never be content living like that. You need to think of this as a lifetime change. A way to live, not just a drop on the scale. Think of foods you like to eat and try to fit them in your days. You'll probably have to make SOME adjustments or substitutions or maybe just cut down on the portion size. You have to be happy to stick with this. AND I know you CAN if you stop being so strict and so hard on yourself!! You didn't gain the weight overnight, so you won't lose it overnight either. And muscle weighs more than fat. SOOO...I don't mean to lecture, I know you just wanted to vent...and venting is good but I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS!!! I don't want you to give up on yourself and it sounds like you're close. So PLEASE take some of these suggestions to heart and KEEP TRYING!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Now you need to tell yourself that!!!
  • mimieon
    mimieon Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Be sure to have real rest day (or two) if you aren't already. Magic happens on those days
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I'm going to bring up the standard question on this website. Are you logging and weighing your food accurately. Just because you're living on Rice tuna and chicken doesn't mean anything. If you're not eating less calories then your body Burns it means you're not going to lose weight. As simple as it sounds it comes down to CICO

Nothing wrong with venting sometimes it's healthy to vent.

• lilligraz22
    lilligraz22 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? I found that drinking an average of 10-12 cups of water really helps flush the fat.
  • Atchmon
    Atchmon Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Even when I lost 100lbs I couldn't tell a difference, I was basically a 'smaller' fat person, if that makes any sense. I didn't see a difference in myself either. I thought I'd be seeing some muscle in my arms by then, but I didn't. However, all my peers were saying I looked better. Though the evidence of that was only on the scale and the size of my jeans.
  • TnZMom
    TnZMom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Vent away!!! Glad you are feeling better.
  • justkris_gettingfit
    justkris_gettingfit Posts: 239 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I can see how that'd be wicked frustrating, but you've got this! Maybe start taking your measurements at the beginning of the month, so if you find the lbs aren't dropping you have a different way to check. For all you know, you could very well be gaining muscle and losing inches and not even realize it.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Just for the record, ive had hundreds of these days. Perseverance is the secret, trust the system, and persevere. And measure yourself too sometimes the tape sees change your eyes don't!
  • tiggerlove
    tiggerlove Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    it's great to vent, weightloss can be very stressfull but don't give up. I felt the same way last month. I had total knee replacement and of course i put on a lot of weight. its hard to do a lot of moves so I have to do modifications. I workout at home. Everyweek for the last 2 wks I changed up my routine and also changed my eating habbits & today the scale moved. Don't give up, we are all here because of the struggles.