• suvoth
    suvoth Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Amazing...lookin hot!
  • amcalmond768
    amcalmond768 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the encouragement.
    On a side note, although such a pic is gratuitous I'm not letting myself turn into a douche and respect anyone attempting to better themselves.

We all have to start somewhere, and our ends won't be the same.
    Being chiseled isn't really relevant to health.

Also if anyone would like to add me that be cool, sort of like haven't a filled newsfeed.
    Well said! Some often forget what it was like to be at that point before all the weight starts to come off. Always be humble and remember that looks aren't everything but health is what is most important! You look great!
  • TheRootofGroot
    TheRootofGroot Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    On a side note, although such a pic is gratuitous I'm not letting myself turn into a douche and respect anyone attempting to better themselves.

Also if anyone would like to add me that be cool, sort of like haven't a filled newsfeed.

That's an even better mindset. You now have the ability to inspire others instead of turning your nose up. Great work! And thank you for helping at least me feel like I'll get there and could get this type of guy too

Kind of ruins it if you turn into a dick.
    Simply amazing...I can only hope to one day reach my fitness goals as you have. WTGGG

Just stay consistent and you will.
    Wow. How tall are you?

5'9"/175cm.
    Doesn't cut it on dating sites but otherwise I'm okay with it.
    Apparently ideal weightlifting height.
    Absolutely amazing! You now serve as an inspiration for me on my journey. Job well done!

Kdp2015 wrote: »
    KareninLux wrote: »
    Woah.
    vixtris wrote: »
    Damn... thats all I've got to say! lol

Agreed! Amazing work well done

Thank you very much.
    rankinsect wrote: »
    Dang! Great job! What does your workout routine look like?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=wlMwc1c0HRQ

Starting off with Stronglifts, transitioned to different strength training routines like variations of 5/3/1, then different bodybuilding splits, more strength, for my recent cut I actually used Arnold's Blueprint to cut from the bodybuilding website, it's a 6 day a week program with two one month phases, very intense with the volume and supersets, and now I work out 4 days a week, 2 days heavy and 2 days volume, just about to hit phase 2 of that on Monday.
    suvoth wrote: »
    Amazing...lookin hot!

:wink:

Well said! Some often forget what it was like to be at that point before all the weight starts to come off. Always be humble and remember that looks aren't everything but health is what is most important! You look great!

Actually considering personal training or something in that field, but for now I help out when I can.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Great job!

You look and sound fabulously healthy!

Kudos on your weight loss, fitness gains, and all-round attitude.
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress!
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Looking great!!
  • Manyclassicmoments
    Manyclassicmoments Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation! Great job!
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    very inspiring, great great job!
  • ryanlawrey
    ryanlawrey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What weight lifting program while you were cutting?
  • Dannigreen31
    Dannigreen31 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Well done! Once you're focuses and on the ball results do come in good and fast!
  • crazytrain66
    crazytrain66 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Nice work!!
  • Mell00546
    Mell00546 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Amazing job
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Ummm... thank you! You look amazing.
  • MsHulkMN
    MsHulkMN Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Nice! Thanks for sharing!
  • Bee_Le
    Bee_Le Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    DAMN!!!!!!!! DAMN!!!! That's impressive!!! You got shredded in a year.
  • TheRootofGroot
    TheRootofGroot Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    ryanlawrey wrote: »
    What weight lifting program while you were cutting?

This cut I specifically used the two month Arnold program, I did not follow the recommended diet since it is just shilling his products, nor did I follow his cardio protocol but otherwise I followed the very taxing program to a T.

This is definitely a program you don't want to consider using until you have a good deal of lean body mass and a good amount of experience in the gym.
    AnTruong2 wrote: »
    DAMN!!!!!!!! DAMN!!!! That's impressive!!! You got shredded in a year.

To tell it true that was January 2015, from there I kept training strength with little regard to nutrition until March 2015, then I was suggested MFP, from March '15 to June '15 I cut, got gloriously shredded, two weeks later I got a bad concussion, couldn't train, lost motivation, started drinking more than I should have, lost muscle, gained fat.

Then in November '15 I got my act together, it was the hardest part, to have that feeling that I had wasted time, to have to start all over again... But I struggled through that early phase, gaining back strength, ignoring my mirrors.

I was not yet paying attention to nutrition until March 2016. I was back on MFP attempting a bulk, but I wasn't doing it right, gained unneeded fat, but by April 2016 I got serious on MFP, decided to try the Arnold program, and dropped from 17% bodyfat to 9% bodyfat by June and from there I probably got back to 11% since then due to a few too many cheats and now I'm really being anal retentive about everything and attempting calorie and carb cycling.

Sorry for the giant book I just wrote. :p
  • kearly206
    kearly206 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Sent a friend request, I'm trying to achieve the same goals, right now I've dropped about 5% body fat and below 20% I'm lifting and doing lots of sprinting during the week (training for the upcoming rugby season) I've hit a snag and stopped dieting the last 3 weeks. What did your diet look like? Could you take a look at my diet and see what I could change? Still on a cut right now and will be until I hit around 215 any advice would be greatly appreciated. I do the 5x5 training program 3 times a week and crossfit once a week.
  • KatrinaDelRey
    KatrinaDelRey Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Wow! Fantastic work!
  • lexi3500
    lexi3500 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    It's hot
  • juhishringi5378
    juhishringi5378 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats for the sucsess u look superb
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!