Calling all moms with 2 or more

Options
Do you find yourself struggling with getting rid of the mommy "pooch" after having more than one child. I have three and they have been large babies 8.7, 9.2. 10.2 lbs respectively . My lower belly just doesn't seem to be moving. if you have been successful what exercises have you been doing?

Thanks

Replies

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I've had 3 big babies as well, got the same pouch thing going on, everything else is looking slimmed down and toned but not that, arrgh i hate it so much. Got no answers yet but am working on it...doing various crunches.
  • tracyc5
    tracyc5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have 5 children. I have always had that problem. I am doing the P90X. Noticing progress everywhere but there. I did read that is the last place you will lose. Good Luck, keep up the good work.
  • karamille
    karamille Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've started saving for a tummy tuck. :P I had a pouchy lower belly even before kids. I've never had a flat somach even when I weighed 94 lbs. Bad genes. Deal is... I save half of it, the other half will come out of the tax return. It will probably be spring of 2013 by the time I save my half.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids too, reverse sit ups help some along w/ keeping up w/ cardio
  • livehappe
    livehappe Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    How much does the tummy tuck cost?
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I have 4 children and a tummy full of stretch marks. My muscles are ripped up! My tummy is the last place I lose weight but have found that the closer I get to my goal weight, the smaller it gets. I think you can tone your tummy all you want, but diet has been the most effective way to get rid of the pooch. I do the P90X Ab Ripper X routine every other day and it has made my abs really strong and when the fat over those muscles goes down a bit, I can see them! Unfortunately, I have this relationship with food that hinders my progress!!
  • texasrebel83
    texasrebel83 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've got 2 kids who are twins so only 1 pregnancy and I have the pooch. Mine has gotten smaller as I have lost weight, but I will have to have a tummy tuck to get rid of the extra skin.
  • dreamer4
    dreamer4 Posts: 27
    Options
    Lay on back hands beside you legs bent to a" sitting position" lift butt up off the ground and repeat repeat repeat. Good luck. :)
  • ladyerin79
    ladyerin79 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids... 2 are mine, and 1 is technically a step-son, but still mine. I already had a big belly before I got pregnant with my 2 babies and I'm hoping to start getting rid of some of this weight finally. I heard crunches are good for that, but I think because our bellies are so stretched out, surgery has to be considered if you want the original shape back.
  • tnt0617
    tnt0617 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You may have diastasis recti (separation of the abdominal muscles). The worst thing you can do is crunches. It makes the separation wider. There are core exercises you can do to strengthen those inner muscles. I'm not sure of the specifics - I've just recently started looking into this myself - but you can google it. They make devices (similar to gurdles) that you can wear that re-train your muscles to stay together. Also, several times a day - or as often as you think of it - consciously suck in your belly muscles and hold it there. And whenever you exercise (running, elliptical, etc), be very aware of your belly and focus on holding your stomach in (without holding your breath). So often, I find myself letting my belly totally hang out when I'm exercising. Bad bad bad. Good posture will help correct this, too. Be sure to sit and stand up straight. When you slouch, your belly relaxes.
    I've had 6 kids, so trust me - I know all about the pooch! But I know it can be corrected. I know I just need to focus more on the proper types of exercises. Good luck!
  • XxDawnLouisexX
    Options
    I've had 4 babies and find that excercising and loosing the baby weight helps the appearance of the tummy but have been told by my doctor that as it is literally empty skin hanging at the bottom no excercise will get rid of that completly so to my knowledge a tummy tuck is the only way to get rid of the saggy skin.
  • demery12371
    demery12371 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Do you find yourself struggling with getting rid of the mommy "pooch" after having more than one child. I have three and they have been large babies 8.7, 9.2. 10.2 lbs respectively . My lower belly just doesn't seem to be moving. if you have been successful what exercises have you been doing?

Thanks

I just read something from Jillian Michaels about the pooch this morning. I have three and they were big babies too 9.8, 11.5 and 8.12. It said that cardio and diet are truly the only things that will get the pooch down along with dedication to those and patience with yourself. I have been taking her fat burners along with my diet and cardio and am seeing a slow reduction there but yea it is very very anoying!
  • georgiag111
    georgiag111 Posts: 424
    Options
    I have 6 kids and noticed that is my problem area - BUT slowly seeing results the more I do "bike" crunches that seems to help the most I also been doing more weights and stuff - Just keep in mind it will go away just VERY slowly and not overnight. Also you can use something like this which helps keep you sucked in which is my biggest area I use it quite often http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000UVVX28
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids and not much of a problem with belly fat. That's just not how my body works. All my fat is stored on my thighs. However, I LOVE what Turbo Fire has done for my abs. I almost have a 6 pack! It's also been great for overall toning and fat loss. (And no, I don't sell it, the whole pyramid scheme thing IS my biggest complaint about it).
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options

Thanks

Cardio, cardio and diet, diet! Two things that will for sure eventually work! :smile: As for the "skin" that sometimes is remaining after all the work, unfortunately only surgery (as far as I know) can take care of that:sad:
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    4 kids, 2 super-sized pregnancies, and droopy baby pooch skin down there. It has flattened some as a lose and tone, but it will always be there in some form unless I have surgery. *shrug* I just wear more supportive undergarments for now...
  • Trulyfree
    Trulyfree Posts: 21
    Options
    I really think that it is the last area to lose! I have 4 children and that's where I gained most of my weight! Totally understand your frustration! Hoping that by the time I reach my goal I will notice a difference. That part of our body has gone through so much that I think it's only natural that it will need more time and attention.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I have 2 kids, ive always had a pooch too even before.
    It has gone down with intense cardio and a strict nutrition plan like very low sugar and low sodium.
    Its not as flat as I would like but I know if I continue it might smooth down if not ill do what many fitness models do and get clinical help for that area, sometimes its just not possible to do it naturally for a lot of us.
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I have read and confirmed with my doctor that after having one baby, a woman's body stores fat in her belly area to help protect a fetus. Unfortunately, when trying to lose weight, that is the last area to shrink. The only way to combat it is a lot of cardio and working your core. Focus on leg exercises like squats, leg extensions and such. As you are doing that keep your abdominal muscles tight. Good luck! I know you can do it!
  • karamille
    karamille Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    How much does the tummy tuck cost?

About $4000. A little more if you need some contouring done with lipo, which most women do. But it really depends on the area you live in. :) But I look at it this way. $4k is really a small amount of money. I will have saves THOUSANDS in health care costs by losing the weight, so really its sort of a reward to myself and also an insurance policy I don't ever let myself gain the weight back.