ATE ALL MY CALORIES AT BRUNCH HELP

Options
Hi guys so today I just ate 1600 at brunch. I don't feel like it's a binge as I'm not overly stuffed it's just that I had very carb heavy food like beehoon rice and peanuts. So what should I do now? Any of us ever encounter this problem?

Replies

• ShyShineGirl
    ShyShineGirl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above person! Just eat lighter the rest of the day and not worry about it..it happens haha
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Finish out the day eating lower calorie clean foods and tomorrow eat less than your allotted 1600.

I do calorie cycling and one day of the week is my high calorie day then the rest of the week I eat lower calories so far nothing has happened because I have an overall weekly deficit.
  • julieburdz
    julieburdz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's what I'd like to know..... When is the cut off to create or lose a pound. Does our bodies do a ledger check at midnight and add up the past 24 hours. In theory, at 1000 calories per day for example, could we eat 4000 calories in one day, then spread the remaining 3000 over the next 6 days. All would add up the same as eating equal amounts all week at the end of 7 days. So, many senarios and variable. Blows my mind.....
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    julieburdz wrote: »
    That's what I'd like to know..... When is the cut off to create or lose a pound. Does our bodies do a ledger check at midnight and add up the past 24 hours. In theory, at 1000 calories per day for example, could we eat 4000 calories in one day, then spread the remaining 3000 over the next 6 days. All would add up the same as eating equal amounts all week at the end of 7 days. So, many senarios and variable. Blows my mind.....

In theory 3500 calories = 1lb of body weight. So if you cut 3500 calories from what you normally eat you would loose a lb. So yeah as long as your eating 3500 calories less than you normally ate over a weeks time you would loose 1lb no matter how you slice up the calories. Sustainability seems to be the key though you wouldn't want to go into a too low of a calorie day for several days at a time it might be hard to do over a longer period of time.

I average 1250 calories a day BUT one day of the week I eat 1499, one day 1374, one day 1124 one day 999 and 3 days 1249. This averages out to 1250 a day which should give me a 2lb loss per week. So far I'm losing an average of 3lbs per week but I have 80lbs to go but I expect this to slow.
  • suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Eat at maintainance today and carry on tomorrow
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Walk around the block. Do something healthier for yourself. Drink your water & move forward.

Last Saturday I think I drank 1300 calories at a 4th of July party.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Eat filling, low calorie meals the rest of the day.

And peanuts are not carbs.
  • jdwils14
    jdwils14 Posts: 154 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    julieburdz wrote: »

It is a constant revolving process. You eat, the body metabolizes, the body uses, and you eat again. There is no ledger check, so to speak. If you can manage to use more than you eat in any given time frame, you will lose weight over the long term. For short term, +/- 5 lbs is normal for substance and fluid imbalance. However, over a week, it won't make much difference.

If you eat less energy than you use, you will lose weight. However, your body will not tell you how much energy that is, and that value is different every single day of the year. It is 100% trial and error, and any formula is just someone's best guess.

As far as overeating...how bout go do some laps to burn some energy?
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    It happens to all of us! I hope you enjoyed. :) Just eat light the rest of the day. Take a walk. Start over tomorrow. No worries.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Remember to figure out what you can learn from this to do differently next time!
  • robinhager3998
    robinhager3998 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I would eat light the rest of the day, and just begin a new day tomorrow. Sometimes your body needs a burst of extra calories to keep your metabolism from slowing down. You may have a better loss next week! Just don't make it a habit!
  • GonnaBeAwesomeAgain
    GonnaBeAwesomeAgain Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Fry up a green pepper and a yellow pepper and some mushrooms...... hardly any calories and tastes great!!!
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    When I struggle with losing, I focus at least on maintaining what I have already lost. If I was in your shoes, I would just focus on keeping it at maintenance for the day. I would advise buying back 300-500 calories hiking, swimming or hitting the gym. 500-700 calories for the rest of the day doesn't sound nearly as bad. I would go with a heaping bowl of melon or strawberries (lower calorie fruit), a single 5.3 oz cup of plain nonfat greek yogurt and then a large garden salad with low calorie dressing. I am guessing you probably met your daily protein requirement at breakfast so I wouldn't worry about that part too much.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    +1 to eating according to hunger for the rest of the day (but no more than you normally would on your healthy path), then just get back on track tomorrow. As long as you do something like this very rarely, it's only a minor delay in reaching your long-term goals (less than 1 day delay, probably, in this case).

While losing 60+ pounds to get to my goal weight, I had "big eating days" maybe once a month - not cheat days, because I don't get the whole cheating concept, but days when I decided to eat substantially more than goal. Might be a birthday, wedding, holiday, rare restaurant dinner with friends I don't see often - some reason to celebrate.

I don't believe in eating for weight loss in ways I wouldn't want to eat for life in general (just ate a bit less). A happy life includes some celebratory eating occasions.

You'll be fine. Log it (even if you have to estimate), consider whether this is a decision you'd make next time (or if not, what you'd do instead), then just go on with your healthy path.

(Edited to add: It's fine to take an extra walk or other manageable exercise, or to eat a little less tomorrow if you feel less hungry (you might). But don't do some unusual exhausting exercise, or take a massive cut tomorrow 'to make it up'. Mostly, exhausting yourself leads to fatigue leads to slowed daily activity (i.e., your body compensates), and undereating can set you up for restrict/binge cycles. Just get back on track.)
  • Redwineandmuscles
    Redwineandmuscles Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You can also average your calories out over the week, staying at or below TDEE. Sometimes it's a good idea to eat at maintenance for one week, then go back to s deficit the next.
  • mysticatgal1
    mysticatgal1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I did it while not paying attention 2 days ago while eating out for lunch. I just tried to add extra walking steps and figured it'll Balance out over the week. Life is going to happen but it's just keeping going after a step back