1200 cal....what is your typical day

Options
wondering what are the low cal foods you all choose to keep from getting hungry and not go over 1200 cal. Meals or snacks. Thank you

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Veggies are very fill and low in calories and full of fiber vitamins and minerals. Lean Protein and fruits
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1200 and I keep an open diary.....feel free to check it out! :smile:
  • kiawya
    kiawya Posts: 73
    Options
    Plain oatmeat for breakfast, with spenda, under 200 cals, and keeps you full all morning.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Plenty of water, fruits and veggies, veggie burgers. For junk I buy the Keebler 100 calorie snack packs to satisfy the junk food cravings. I exercise just about everyday so I don't have to stress if I do go over the 1200 cals as well.
  • thisismynewmindset
    thisismynewmindset Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1200 but I usually go over by a couple hundred or so (but I let myself since I already have it set so low anyways).

On workout days we get to eat more, so we are eating much more than 1200 cals but we are still NETTING 1200.
  • litljoy2001
    Options
    apple with a scoop of low cal peanut butter
  • lucycaz
    lucycaz Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I am sticking to 1200 a day and sometimes have to fight to reach 1200 and am rarely hunger, I have been going 2 months today and have an open diary.

Feel free to look

Lucy
  • LaurieEReid
    LaurieEReid Posts: 273
    Options
    Instant oatmeal with a tablespoon of trailmix and skim milk for breakfast.
    Salad with hard boiled egg and lots of green pepper and mushrooms for lunch.
    Chicken, brown rice and lots of brocolli for dinner.
    Snack of cheddar cheese (or laughing cow wedge) and an apple.

Walking the dog after dinner got me about 150 extra calories.
  • Bunnyboo82
    Bunnyboo82 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have yoplait fat free every day for brakefast. They are only 100 calories and filling since it is all protien. The great thing is there are so many flavors so you don't get board. Also try shirataki noodles. They are only 20 calories for the whole package. use them in place of regular angel hair pasta noodles in your favorite pasta noodles. It usually saves you several hundred calories.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    My best friend for staying under my limit is exercise. If I want to eat something, and it's going to put me over, I hop on my recumbent bike and pedal away until I'm "safe."

Two slices of multigrain fiber bread + 2 teaspoons of peanut butter is an awesome small meal that's filling but is not like 500+ calories. If I really need something super filling and low calorie, though, I'll go for raw (or LIGHTLY steamed) broccoli. Raw broccoli takes forever to digest, and fills me up until it's all digested. The only drawback... GAS. LOTS OF IT.
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    I have the Fudge or White Fudge drizzled popcorn from Snackwells in my pantry for when I want sweet. Otherwise, most days I have an apple with a tbsp of almond butter or an ounce of raw walnuts.
  • sophieee23
    Options
    try eating an orange for a snack or before your meal it fills you up and is only aroung 86-100 calories!!!!! try it!
  • sarahcreelman
    Options
    Egg whites! One egg white has only 17 cal, 4 grams of protein, no cholesterol or fat. My favorites are to scramble 3-4 egg whites with veggies and toast, or poach 2 of them with a microwave poacher and have them on toast with sliced onions. I hard boil eggs too and scoop away the yolk. They are perfect to add to meals or have as snacks. I always find eggs filling when paired with fruits and veggies.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    V8 for brekkies, mixed vegetables for lunch, maybe a fiber bar two hours after lunch if I'm hungry or having a random craving and then pretty much whatever I want for dinner.
  • dmest
    dmest Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit & veggies and eggs are all really low in calories. I also get Fiberful Bars from Trader Joe's. They're only 60 calories and have 6 grams of fiber.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Breakfast
    Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Chol
    Coffee - Black, 10 fl oz 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Sugars - Granulated (sucrose), 1 tsp 16 4 0 0 0 0
    Milk - Reduced fat, 2% milkfat, 0.5 fl oz 8 1 0 1 6 1
    Lactaid - 100% Lactose/Fat Free Milk, 0.5 cup 45 7 0 5 65 3
    Kroger - Frozen Green Pepper and Onion Blend, 0.25 cup 6 1 0 0 3 0
    1 Tsp Smart Balance Light W/ Extra Virgin Olive Oil - Buttery Spread, 0.5 tablespoon 25 0 3 0 35 0
    All Whites - 100 % Liquid Egg Whites, 1/4 cup (63 gm) 30 0 0 6 95 0

Lunch
    Tomato - Raw, Red, 0.25 tomato 3 1 0 0 2 0
    Butterball - Smoked Ham Style Turkey, 1 slices 10 0 1 1 100 5
    Weight Watchers - Bread - Whole Wheat, 2 Slices 90 17 1 6 180 0
    Grey Poupon - Mustard - Dijon, 1 tsp 5 0 0 0 120 0
    Lettuce - Cos or romaine, raw, 2 leaf outer 10 2 0 1 4 0
    Dietz and Watson - Cheddar With Horseradish Cheese Slice, 1 Slice 110 1 9 6 270 30

Dinner
    Potatoes - Red, flesh and skin, baked, 1 potato medium (2-1/4" to 3-1/4" dia) 154 34 0 4 14 0
    Generic - Avacado- Fresh, 2 tbsp or 2-3 thin strips-1/5 of a medium 50 3 5 1 0 0
    Dole - Packaged Salads - Classic Romaine, 1 1/2 cups 20 4 0 1 15 0
    Cucumber - Peeled, raw, 2 slice 2 0 0 0 0 0
    Newman's Own - Ceasar Dressing, 1 tbsp 85 1 9 0 170 10
    Tomato - Raw, Red, 0.13 tomato 1 1 0 0 1 0
    Generic - Sauted Mushrooms With Onion, 2 ounces 63 7 3 3 567 8
    Corn on the Cob - Corn on the Cob, 0.5 ear (8 3/4 oz) 44 28 1 4 5 3
    Beef - Sirloin Steak - Lean Only, Grilled, 3 oz 79 0 3 13 28 38

Snack
    Watermelon - Raw, 0.5 cup, diced 23 6 0 0 1 0
    Dannon Activia - Blueberry Yogurt, 1 container (4 oz; 113g 110 19 2 4 65 5
    Pop Secret - 100 Calorie Popcorn - Butter, 0.5 bag 50 9 2 2 100 0

Totals 1,039 146 39 58 1,846 103
    Your Daily Goal 1,200 150 40 60 2,500 300
    Remaining 161 4 1 2 654 197
    Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Chol
  • MichelleF81
    MichelleF81 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I eat a breakfast of around 300 cals.....cereal with skimmed milk, toast with peanut butter or a poached egg
    Lunch is also around 300 cals......a wrap, pitta or sandwich
    Dinner is around 500/600 cals and varies
  • ladyluck4210
    ladyluck4210 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I keep my cals around 1200-1400. Even on days I work out I try to keep things around this amount. There are days I have trouble even eating that so I don't push it. I try to eat a big breakfast-12 grain bread w/ peanut butter, plain greek yogurt with fresh fruit, and egg whites. Seems like a lot for breakfast and sometimes I can't eat all that, but I try to start my day off w/ the most calories and then eat less calories for lunch and even less for dinner. I'm not always successful, but I don't stress too much over it. If I feel like a hog at dinner I'll go for a 20 minute slow paced walk. If I snack anything I do my best to do it before 7pm. Any fresh veggies or fruits will help you too. Lean meats-chicken breast can be grilled and dipped in some low cal sauce. Oatmeal is always good any time.

Hope that helps.

~Becki
  • Persipan
    Persipan Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    A typical day would be something like:

A banana for breakfast, plus one of those little packs of 'breakfast biscuit' things which I snack on throughout the morning.

A salad for lunch - maybe chicken, tomatoes, cucumber, sweetcorn, low-fat coleslaw, and lettuce.

A cereal bar sometime in the afternoon.

Dinner could be something like a baked piece of chicken or fish with veg; prawn fried rice made with half a cup of cooked brown rice and lots of prawns and vegetables; whatever I feel like, really. Tonight I just had a big bowl of roast veg (sweet potatoes, onion, peppers, tomatoes) with a dollop of grilled vegetable pesto stirred in.

For dessert, I'll probably have a bowl of berries with a scoop of ice-cream (something on the cheaper end of the ice-cream spectrum, so it's mostly air and milk and hasn't ever seen any actual cream).

I'm sure people will fling their hands up in horror at some of this, but it works for me!
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    My diary's open so please feel free to have a look....generally my day would be like this.....

Breakfast:
    Porridge (made with water - it's personal, I'm not a huge fan of milk) then a chewy cereal bar.

Lunch:
    2 sandwiches with sandwich paste or cream cheese (with a leaf, lettuce etc don't always put that in the diary as it can amount to less than a calorie's worth!).
    A can of soup.

Dinner:
    Fish or vegetarian sausages....potatoes or rice, then heaps of veg (normally green) and then either gravy or philadelphia cheese for a sauce.

Treat:
    If I have enough cals - an icecream!

I'm been scouring the back of packets since doing MFP and there is a whole heap of things you can fit into a 1200 cal day and even feel like you're treating yourself!

Good luck! :flowerforyou: