favorite/least favorite household chore

Options
Wolfena
Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
Just something to talk about...

I don't mind doing the laundry at all - in fact, I kinda like it! :)

Least favorite used to be cleaning the kitty litter box, but I no longer have a cat.... so I'd have to say cleaning the bathroom

You??? B)

Replies

• justkris_gettingfit
    justkris_gettingfit Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    6 people in the household definitely makes laundry my least favorite chore !
    Favorite would have to be dishes. It's like my little thinking space.
  • Arathels
    Arathels Posts: 6,883 Member
    Options
    What if you suck at them all? Can you say that you hate them all?? Cause I do, with passion!
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Mine is definitely laundry
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options
    Laundry. Everything else I don't really mind.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    My favourite chore would be cooking, or the general little bits of tidying/neatening up to make the room look fresh (i.e making beds), because it's quick and makes it look like I worked hard lol. Vacuuming is okay since we have a central vac so it's pretty easy.

Deep cleaning the bathroom, laundry, dishes, mopping/swiffering, finding a home for all the random 'stuff' that ends up everywhere, hate 'em all lol.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Least favorite is definitely laundry. I live in Brooklyn with no washer and dryer so I have to load everything into this cart and walk it to the laundromat and it's a big event. I end up washing most of my clothes by hand because I hate it so much. Considering investing in drop-off service.

I don't mind dusting I guess
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,768 Member
    Options
    Dishes. I have a thing about other peoples food touching my hands.
  • 285to170
    285to170 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I absolutely hate the process of cleaning but I'm a neat freak. Sometimes I don't understand myself...

At best I'd say cleaning out the bathroom because the acoustics in mine are beautiful.
  • ayobeezy
    ayobeezy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love to clean so much that I get upset if my husband tries to help out around the house haha. laundry is my favorite and dusting is probably my least favorite.
  • ingehooper15
    ingehooper15 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I like mopping my kitchen floor and vacuuming but hate dusting and cleaning the oven
  • tbonethemighty
    tbonethemighty Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    ejinvt wrote: »
    Louise1491 wrote: »
    Cleaning the oven, ironing.

Wait....you're supposed to CLEAN your oven...?

Hm...yeah, I had the exact same thought. And in fact, I had a similar one about ironing, except it went like "Life is too short to waste it ironing."

Favorite "chore" is definitely cooking. Raking leaves/gardening is a close second. Least favorite: picking up after my sister. Since she's having two kids in another few weeks and is roughly house-sized, she has become decidedly less concerned about where she leaves crap around the house. I imagine when the kids are here, this issue will multiply exponentially...
  • asgard825
    asgard825 Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Like cleaning
    Hate cooking
  • nahmm83
    nahmm83 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm like Monica on Friends....OCD when it comes to cleaning! I actually love washing dishes and doing laundry. It's therapeutic. Least favorite.....umm cleaning the baseboards, and moving furniture around when cleaning.
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Least favorite - cleaning the tub/shower. I don't mind any of the others. I also don't own an iron and only clean the oven when my lease is over and I'm moving out.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Least? Cleaning floors. Blah

Favorite? Laundry :)
  • Ivyzmama
    Ivyzmama Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Dishes. I have a thing about other peoples food touching my hands.

I wear those yellow dishwashing gloves. I can use hotter water that way anyway.
  • Ivyzmama
    Ivyzmama Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I think I hate vacuuming the most. I'd rather mow the lawn, change the litter box, do laundry or dishes instead of vacuuming. And I have cats, so I really need to be vacuuming basically all the time. (Yes I had a Roomba but they're crazy noisy, they really don't clean well because they always get trapped somewhere, and then the battery stops recharging and you're supposed to pay $500 for a new battery. Also they scare the $h!t out of the cats.)
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    I like cleaning and mopping floors.
    I really do not have a dislike as I like to clean up.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I don't mind cleaning things that are dirty, like counters, floors, etc. what I hate is organizing, straightening up, uncluttering. Not my thing at all.