Good to eat or not?

Options
saraeb
saraeb Posts: 11 Member
have a question for y'all. Is the grilled chicken wrap at Mcdonalds good to eat for lunch?

Replies

• Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    It's probably better than most of the other things on McDonald's menu. Can you make a chicken wrap at home & take it with you?
  • 007Aggie
    007Aggie Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I think the above poster nailed it.

I don't eat it. Why? Because I infrequently eat at McDonalds/fast food, and when I do, I'm not going to eat grilled chicken. I eat plenty of that at home. I don't eat burgers, French fries, chicken patties, etc. at home. They do have small portions of these things that don't blow my calorie goal, too.

Plus, those wraps are expensive. I can't justify it.
  • kendahlj
    kendahlj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    It's frozen chicken that was mass produced and frozen and thawed out. It might not be "bad" for you but...gross.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If it fits into your goals, then yes. For me it wouldn't be enough food, so I would have to get two. Which is why I stick to a Quarter Pounder.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    If you like it and can work it in to your calorie intake, then it's fine. Besides, you're helping to support the Ronald Mcdonald House charity and the US Olympic team by doing it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    kendahlj wrote: »
    It's frozen chicken that was mass produced and frozen and thawed out. It might not be "bad" for you but...gross.

Butchering your own chickens, are you?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Do you like it? Does it fit into your calorie and nutrition goals for the day? Do you feel good after eating it? If the answer to all three is "yes" then it sounds great. If the answer to any of them is "no" then you might consider eating something else.

This.

Personally I'd answer no to two of those, so not a good choice for everyone but hey...dieting can be flexible :smiley:
  • kendahlj
    Options

Local guy. Fresh chicken grilled in my backyard. The difference is amazing...
  • saraeb
    saraeb Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like chicken better then beef so that is why I was thinking chicken for lunch. I would have to fugure out how to make it when the time comes. Thank you for your replies.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I like to have the triple cheeseburger. At around 30 grams of protein, it fills my belly for about $3.
  • WindSparrow
    WindSparrow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    saraeb wrote: »
    have a question for y'all. Is the grilled chicken wrap at Mcdonalds good to eat for lunch?

I like the grilled chicken wraps at McDonalds, about the only thing they have I do like. I find them pretty satisfying as a meal, and a person could do worse, nutritionally.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    Options

So you think that all chicken that isn't raised and butchered locally is gross? Then the vast majority of people are eating "gross" chicken (from the supermarket) and your issue isn't with McDonald's at all.
  • kendahlj
    Options

So you think that all chicken that isn't raised and butchered locally is gross? Then the vast majority of people are eating "gross" chicken (from the supermarket) and your issue isn't with McDonald's at all.

Grilled chicken from McDonalds is gross. It's my opinion. Why make more of it than that and say stuff that I didn't say or even imply??

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    Options

Grilled chicken from McDonalds is gross. It's my opinion. Why make more of it than that and say stuff that I didn't say or even imply??

Because McDonald's chicken is just chicken. Except for the brine and marinade (which plenty of people add to their own food anyway), it's no different than what you buy in the grocery store. Having been frozen doesn't make it gross.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    saraeb wrote: »

eh, I rather doubt it, might be ok. Chick-fil-A spicy chicken sandwich, now that's good to eat!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

I can see how one might find mass production "gross," even though I disagree, (I'm assuming you avoid meat unless it is from small farms), but how is freezing something and thawing it out "gross"?

It's just temperature changes. Do you find cooking something gross?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I think the snack wraps are pretty tasty, but I would need two to fill me up. Personally, when I end up at McD's I get an Egg McMuffin and a Fruit & Yogurt Parfait. As fast food goes, any of those are a pretty decent choice in my opinion!
  • kendahlj
    Options

I can see how one might find mass production "gross," even though I disagree, (I'm assuming you avoid meat unless it is from small farms), but how is freezing something and thawing it out "gross"?

It's just temperature changes. Do you find cooking something gross?

The implication is that it's grilled. It's not grilled...it's put in a microwave. Perhaps it was grilled at its source and then frozen and shipped. But it doesn't taste that way to me. That's all I'm saying. I think it tastes very little like grilled chicken, at least what I imagine grilled chicken should taste like. The OP specifically asked if McDonald's grilled chicken wrap was good to eat for lunch. I personally think there are much, much better options. Maybe I didn't express it in the best way. If people like that item, and apparently many here do, that's okay as well. I don't hate you for it, just disagree.