Looking for fitness friends?

Options
I am 35 yrs old. I work full time and attend school full time. Since summer break started all I want to do is sleep. My motivation has decreased 100 %.

I would like to lose 45-60 lbs by mid December. I am graduating nursing school an don't want to feel uncomfortable in my graduation pictures! Its a time to be proud of myself and I don't want my weight to stand in the way!

Four years ago I quit smoking amd have gained 75 lbs.I am currently 5'8 259.4. It has been tough to shed the weight. I started on a diet pill called contrave that has helped a lot. I would like to start working out again. I am on my feet all day and still have a hard time hitting 10,000 steps. I would like my daily goal to be 20,000 but I can't even hit 10,000! I would like to start waking up at 5am and walking 5 miles before work but I am having a hard time following through every morning.

I am looking my start/join a group with people around my age that encourge each other. I love to cook so i am great talking about healthy food option, planning out meals etc.

Pamela

Replies

• KimberleyWilson2
    KimberleyWilson2 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Welcome! My goodness you have a lot on your plate! Take it a step at a time and I'm sure you'll achieve your goals!
  • lindseymp2015
    lindseymp2015 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just started taking contrave this last week also. You sound almost identical to me. I've been off and on mfp for the last year so no guarantees, but friend me if you want, I'll try to be more active. I tried messaging you but it says I have to sign in?
  • redesign125
    redesign125 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm older than you but have 50lbs I'd like to lose. Feel free to add me. Thx
  • isk8isk8
    isk8isk8 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 - I need motivation ☺️

Please add me.
  • leesled
    leesled Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I 36 soon to 37 and I am looking for other people that are on this weight loss journey too
    I am currently 221 and 5'2 my goal weight is 130 but I am trying to focus on smaller amounts of weight loss at a time.
  • momandteacher81
    momandteacher81 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I begin Contrave on Monday. Would love the add.
  • Eppu007
    Eppu007 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. Great to meet you. I'm 44, and I have just over 40kg (nearly 90lb) to lose. Lots of support and motivation needed, so why don't we do that together. Feel free to send me a friend request.

I work as a psychotherapist, and since we all know that the main block for weight loss is the psychological aspect, I can give some advice and help.
  • princessllb74
    princessllb74 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 41. You can add me if you want. I can motivate you with the weight loss and you can motivate me to eat healthy
  • CGar321
    CGar321 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be supportive and gain some help as well. I am also wanting to focus on my exercise in the morning, as I tell myself I will do it later and it does not get done. Feel free to add me! I'm working on losing about 50lbs.
  • mcasteel148
    mcasteel148 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 50 years old, 5'8" and weigh 220 lbs. Embarking on a new fitness and eating plan is challenging, and I am also looking for friends to help me stay motivated and encouraged. I am certain we can make changes if we do it together! Add me to your list! :)
    02172009 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I have 50 to lose and need some buddies
  • Astrehl04
    Astrehl04 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats on seeing the light at the end of the tunnel that is nursing school! I can relate to your story. I just graduated in June and I was less than satisfied with my photos. I've been on a quest to get my (pre-nursing school) life back and I'm having some trouble getting up early too. We can do this! And then hopefully we can pass that encouragement on to our patients. It sounds like you're on the right track. Congrats again.
  • ashleyhylland
    ashleyhylland Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yes please, I'm looking for new MFP friends. Anyone can add me as well! :)
  • Trailtramper74
    Trailtramper74 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting your journey! I can identify. Until I graduated with my master's last August, I spent most of my adult life working more than full time and going to school full or half time. It is tough. I also kept trying to wake at 5:00 a.m. to workout, but I finally realized that was never going to happen consistently with my work schedule and required travel. Now I get in 30-45 minutes in the morning and the same at night no matter my schedule. When I travel and and don't have a lot of time, I stay a little further away and walk to offices I visit. I also get extra walking in at airports. My point is that you will find what works for you. Just keep trying. Best of luck!
  • aquinasnurse
    aquinasnurse Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Tried to invite you as s friend but it wouldn't let me. I am 47 and on a journey to lose weight. I have lost 49 pounds and have 100 more to go. I'm looking for MFP friends. I'm a nurse and work 3 nights each week and I'm in school for my Masters full time.
  • Red5092
    Red5092 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on almost being finished with your nursing degree!!! I'm a RN also. Please don't take on too much at one time. You have a lot on your plate, so focus on your nutrition first. When you start feeling better and feel more in control, add on the exercise. You will feel better when you eat more whole foods like vegetables and fruit. Drink more water, and eat your calories that MFP suggests based on current weight, height, and activity level. Good luck!
  • annie_858
    annie_858 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me! Always looking for new motivational buddies!