Hi from California!

Options
31 years old, with a supportive boyfriend & somewhat supportive family, but they don't really understand what it's like to have so much weight to lose. Overall I'd love to lose 100lbs and finally be around where I'm "supposed to be" for my height. I understand this is a huge amount and I know I have to work at it, but I'm lacking the motivation to actually do it. I have good intentions! But as he saying goes the road to hell is paved with good intentions, SO here I am, ready to lose weight, ready to hold myself accountable, ready to finally get out of the 2s! I've lose weight before, about 7 yrs ago - now that I write that it seems so far away :s - I was in the 190s & was getting happier with the way I looked! But slowly but surely the weight crept back on & I'm now at 245, the heaviest I've ever been. I want to have children, I want to be around for a long time, but as of right now I'm not sure that having kids is an option, I was married & tried for a while with no luck. I started the process to find out if there was something wrong with me & that's about the time my marriage fell apart & we separated. So long story short, I'd love motivation, breakfast/lunch/dinner ideas that don't include a ton of meat - not a vegetarian, just not a meat person, I'd rather get protein from eggs, etc. - and if you'd like to add me so we can support each other that'd be cool too! Have a fabulous day! :)

Replies

• gkingbr
    gkingbr Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP.
    it really helps having suortive frined both on and off the site.
    good luck in your WL journey.
  • Ant488
    Ant488 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I have lost 130 pounds so I understand were you are now! You can do this!
  • justapup2012
    justapup2012 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi. Great intro! You can def reach your goals!! I believe in you!! I'm also from CA. ☺️ I'm actually looking for workout buddies. We can keep each other on track! Where in CA are you from??
  • jvanessa89
    jvanessa89 Posts: 332 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    You can do it!!! I never thought I'd lose weight but I've lost 70 pounds since October just from eating better and walking and I have 50 more to go! Add me if you want, my food diary is open.

PS, I looked at your profile & we're practically neighbors.. I live in Auburn.
  • LindsE_123
    LindsE_123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I'm feeling confident that I'll be able to lose the weight & feeling very grateful for all the great people on my fitness pal!! :) It makes things more real that there are actually people who have had weight loss goals like mine that have succeeded so I'm feeling good this time around!
    I'm in Northern California, in Roseville & JVAnessa I think it's awesome that we're kind of neighbors!! :)
  • Varamyr38
    Varamyr38 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm in Cali too. Grew up in Marysville but now in Fresno. Time to lose some more weight. Anybody feel free to add me.
  • Amy2378
    Amy2378 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Amazing intro. Feel free to add me. I'd love to share inspiration
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I was born in Eureka, CA, and I lost 123 lbs. YOU can do this!!
  • CGar321
    CGar321 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in Elk Grove and working on losing about 50lbs. Feel free to add me! I was at 210 and have lost about 25lbs. You can do it!!