What are you listening to while working out?

Options
Shrinking_Xtina
Shrinking_Xtina Posts: 478 Member
Hey folks, I love listening to music while working out but I'm getting tired of the same old songs on my ipod. My ipod varies in genres and artists but while working out I listen generally to artists like Tool, Chevelle, Kesha, Lady Gaga, Pearl Jam, Underground artists, Kid Cudi and other random hip hop. I'd love to hear some song recommendations, not just artists but specific songs, So what are the songs that get you going while working out?

Replies

• MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    What really gets me going and makes me work harder is *Disturbed*...but I do like Kesha and love techno!
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    i love listening to hardcore... and even sometimes happy hardcore..
    but i get very distracted from my work out and normally start raving X_X
    lol
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I love listening to reggaeton while working out. It has a strong walking beat that keeps me going.

Haha...you did ask for specific songs though, huh?

Ya no te veo - Casa de leones
    Salió el sol - Don Omar

Those are two of my favorites. Whenever I hear the beat start, my heart starts pumping and I keep moving.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    There's nothing like Linkin Park - any of their songs - while I'm running.

I also listen to Nickelback (Dark Horse cd), Kid Rock, Daughtry, and recently I added Jason Aldean and Jarrod Neimann.
  • fudgebudget
    fudgebudget Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Besides the kind of obvious up-tempo music (Britney, old Michael Jackson, etc), I do love working out to David Bowie, or the Raveonettes (lots of yelling!). What I find I end up doing most of the time, though, is listening to a good audiobook since that way my music doesn't completely dictate my pace.
  • gdsbt1
    gdsbt1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Recently started listening to Black Stone Cherry.
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Harder rock contemporary christian music
  • georgiag111
    georgiag111 Posts: 424
    Options
    i listen to my kids fighting lol
  • Eirhren
    Eirhren Posts: 18
    Options
    There's a mash-up artist called Girl Talk. Great music to run to! I recommend his previous album Feed the Animals over the newer one All Day. Both are great, but feed the animals is a little more up-beat.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    i listen to my kids fighting lol

LMAO! (Mine are arguing right now -- so, I can relate...)
  • missyjmet
    missyjmet Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I usually listen to podcasts while i work out. they keep me distracted much better than music. I like Jillian Michael's podcast, as well as "garden variety triathlete".
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    i listen to contemporary gospel. no specific songs for you, but it's lyrically motivating when you want to stop.
  • AZDon
    AZDon Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Here are some songs from my most recent and unusual (weird? lol) workout playlist:

Manic Hispanic - Rudy Cholo
    Wheatus - Truffles, Teenage Dirtbag
    Lilly Allen - Back to the start, Everyones at it, The Fear
    Joe Jackson - I'm the man
    Squeeze - Cool for cats
    Vampire Weekend - A-Punk
    Who - baba o'riley, the seeker
    Echo & bunneymen - the cutter, seven seas, the killing moon
    Modest mouse - dashboard, float on
    Mgmt - electric feel, kids, time to pretend
    Shiny toy guns - le disko
    Sahara hotnights - keep up the speed, with or without control
    Against me - new wave, thrash unreal
    Smiths - panic, Sheila take a bow
    She wants revenge - tear you apart
    Kate Nash - pumpkin soup
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I listen to stuff like VNV Nation, Wolfsheim, God Module, Suicide Commando, :wumpscut:, Die Form, De/Vision, And One, X-Fusion, Combichrist, Aphex Twin, Assemblage 23, Rush, The Doors, Funker Vogt, Laibach, Psyclon Nine, Rammstein, Sigur Ros, Skinny Puppy, and a bunch of other stuff
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    depends what mood I'm in but mostly system of a down, korn, disturbed, and some techno songs
  • Shrinking_Xtina
    Shrinking_Xtina Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Lol oh I know those, as a Puerto rican I hear them all the time played in my house haha!
    I love listening to reggaeton while working out. It has a strong walking beat that keeps me going.

Haha...you did ask for specific songs though, huh?

Ya no te veo - Casa de leones
    Salió el sol - Don Omar

Those are two of my favorites. Whenever I hear the beat start, my heart starts pumping and I keep moving.
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    My playlist ranges from really old trucker songs, contemp, country new & Old, old school rap/r&p, rock. i have it on shuffle, i work hard on the up beat songs & go a little slower on the slow songs. gives me a good rythem w/o stopping.

Eminem
    kid rock
    red sovine
    aviral lavine
    reba
    afroman
    guns & roses
    leonard skinard
    tom petty
    nelly
    miranda lambert
    taylor swift
    ac/dc
    gary allen
    waylon jennings
    shooter jennings
    jason aldean
    ect....
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Godsmack, Nickelback, Puddle of Mudd, Miranda Lambert, ZZ Top, Kid Rock, Jason Aldean, Motley Crue, Poison, Ozzy,
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I listen to a lot of different music, mostly dance/electronic/trance. Yesterday I decided to listen to the same song over and over. The song was called "Olympic Flame" by Tiesto.
  • guess_105
    guess_105 Posts: 3
    Options
    My new favorite running/lifting partners are the boys in Static X. So high energy, it makes me want to run faster and lift heavier. Love them!