5'8 women weight lose success stories

Options
To all my tall (ish) women out here do you have any motivational weight lose success stories and routines to share?
I'm 5'8 current weight is 220lbs. My goal weight to achieve by Oct 5 is 190. I've been watching my diet and working out 3-5times a week.

Replies

• RingLady929
    RingLady929 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I too am 5'8" and started Optifast on July 1st. Starting weight was 335#. Weight today was 317.4#. I've had no issues with this meal replacement plan which is medically supervised.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    5'8, started at 215

Been at goal at 160 (within a 5lb range) since April 2015, current BF% around 23-25% (lean to lower end of ideal category for my age), no longer have any asthma or anxiety symptoms and everything has got tight and lifted

Calorie counting (weigh and log everything accurately) to hit calorie defecit across the week, eye on minimum protein intake, moving more (basic Fitbit logs steps and I get 8-12k daily), progressive weight training 3 times a week

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I'm 5-7.5. Started at 220, hit 160 this morning after 6 months eating clean about 1500 calories a day, walking 10k steps daily and Stronglifts. At 175 I was happier with my shape, at 160 I dared to wear a bikin and goal is 135.
  • Yemisi1994
    Yemisi1994 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 I started my weight loss journey July 2015 at 95kg and reached my goal in Feb 2016 at 65kg
    Doing insanity everyday and taking protein shakes daily.
    When I hit my goal I became really lazy and gained half oft he weight back :(
    So I'm back now doing insanity and doing the 40:20 diet to hit my goal again
    And will stick to turbo fire when I hit my goal to try and maintain my weight!

Goodluck with your weight loss journey!
  • Bluepegasus
    Bluepegasus Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", I started in January at 168lb, currently at 139lb. My goal was originally 140, but now it's 135. I didn't diet as such, I still ate normal food, just less of it. I do running three times a week and kettlebells three times a week.
  • DanniPants6
    DanniPants6 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" I started at 155 . My current weight is 130 I have a very small frame to start with, GW is to maintain around 128-133. I do cardio 6 days a week ( normally cycling ) walk everyday approx 2k , weight train 3x a week, and do yoga for 1.5H on my rest days. Mostly a plant based diet with fish, eggs, and dairy a few days a week.