Wake Up! The True Cost of FATSICK

Options
124»

Replies

• sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    emdeesea wrote: »
    First: thank you for posting this. I am like someone else just said, I usually just skim long posts, but I read every word of yours, and I do thank you for taking the time to post it.

Second: I think your post is a very good example of the cost of long-term obesity. It's never any of my business but I really get just a little upset when people (mostly younger people in their 20s-early 30s) who are obese and then say "Well all my labs are good and I am healthy!"

Yeah, except that your body cannot sustain that weight forever and you're not going to be 22 for the rest of your life.

Getting some people to think long term is hard to do. Unfortunately sometimes they need to learn it the hard way, and by then it's (maybe) too late.

I totally second this. I was "healthy" PERFECT cholesterol labs, but then it was my knees hurting, then i had a bone spur and plantar facsiitis and short of breath all the time. I would beg those people with the body positive movement to be happy but please work toward a healthier version and not lie to yourself.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing and for your frankness about your situation. Congrats on your progress!
  • FrankieandSpots
    FrankieandSpots Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Wow. Heavy post. Thanks for sharing.
  • PamelaManess1
    PamelaManess1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank you so much for sharing your story. I was also diagnosed with gastroparesis a couple years ago. Main things I can't eat are garlic, onions, and lettuce. Nuts are really bad too along with many fruits and vegetables. Makes dieting hard, and is especially frustrating when people say "Just eat more fruits and vegetables."
  • godlikepoetyes
    godlikepoetyes Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank you so much for sharing your story. I was also diagnosed with gastroparesis a couple years ago. Main things I can't eat are garlic, onions, and lettuce. Nuts are really bad too along with many fruits and vegetables. Makes dieting hard, and is especially frustrating when people say "Just eat more fruits and vegetables."

It is a weird condition to explain. People just don't understand unless they have some form of IBS themselves. I went to a different doctor and he suggested smoothies, so I am able to have fresh fruits and veggies that way, but still trying to strike the right balance. And I'm just plain afraid much of the time. I have a lot of pain with my flares.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to imagine trying to lose Wight without garlic, onions and lettuce or fresh fruit...:'(
  • babybird2016
    babybird2016 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. I have Crohn's, gastritis, gastroparesis, and worsening diabetic neuropathy. The cost of obesity is very high. I am struggling to find a balance as well and it has been very difficult.
  • kelieghjane
    kelieghjane Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow powerful reading just what I needed fed up feeling fatsick
  • the_dani_girl
    the_dani_girl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you for taking time to write this, I hope everyone reads it.
  • godlikepoetyes
    godlikepoetyes Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. I have Crohn's, gastritis, gastroparesis, and worsening diabetic neuropathy. The cost of obesity is very high. I am struggling to find a balance as well and it has been very difficult.

I am so sorry that you are so I'll. I hope you do find your balance.