What's your favorite snack food around 100-200 cals?

Options
Please share and add me if you want to support each other. Oh yeah, snack foods high in protein and low in sugar? I hope you all are having a fit fabulous day! Thanks in advance!

Replies

• beskytter
    beskytter Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Triple zero yogurt mixed with chia seeds.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Celery with a smear of light salmon cream cheese!!
  • DvlDwnInGA
    DvlDwnInGA Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Pure protein makes a protein bar that is 200 cals with 20 grams of protein in it. They don't taste amazing, but for what you get out of it they fit the bill. You can get them cheap at costco.

Greek Yogurt. Dannon makes a light and fit greek yogurt that is 80 cals per and has 5 grams of protein.

Halo Top Ice cream. Amazing stuff at 240 cals per entire pint. Has 24 grams of protein if you eat the whole thing. The Lemon Cake one is great and the Birthday cake is awesome as well, but it is another 40 cals per pint.
  • daweasel
    daweasel Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    +1 greek yoghurt, or low fat cottage cheese. I like to mix frozen berries in or dip apple slices into it (though I guess that doesn't fill the "low sugar" criteria). Adding a little cinnamon is nice as well.

Lunch meats - I probably eat way too much sodium but I sweat bucketloads when I run or cycle, which I do a lot. Sometimes I'll have a few slices of ham on one piece of bread.

Canned tuna, or eggs, sometimes with bread if I want/need more carbs.
  • singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Second pure protein bars. 20 grams and they taste pretty good. Plain fat free greek yogurt mixed with dill, garlic powder, and black pepper makes a great dip for veggies.
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Blueberries. Not High in protein but nutrient -dense and pretty low calorie. 100 grams is like 60 cals or something like that and it's a lot of berries. They seem to be very satisfying, too.
  • bele2009
    bele2009 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Mini pretzels. 190 cal for 32 but I usually take about a dozen only with a bottle of water. I find it quite filling.
  • asgard825
    asgard825 Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter...always peanut butter
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    DvlDwnInGA wrote: »
    Pure protein makes a protein bar that is 200 cals with 20 grams of protein in it. They don't taste amazing, but for what you get out of it they fit the bill. You can get them cheap at costco.

Greek Yogurt. Dannon makes a light and fit greek yogurt that is 80 cals per and has 5 grams of protein.

Halo Top Ice cream. Amazing stuff at 240 cals per entire pint. Has 24 grams of protein if you eat the whole thing. The Lemon Cake one is great and the Birthday cake is awesome as well, but it is another 40 cals per pint.

Costco (Kirkland) now sells 20g protein bars $18 for 20 bars. Chocolate chip cookie dough and chocolate brownie. chtirj01cwco.jpeg
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Blueberries. Not High in protein but nutrient -dense and pretty low calorie. 100 grams is like 60 cals or something like that and it's a lot of berries. They seem to be very satisfying, too.

Mixing a handful with about a half cup of vanilla Greek yogurt is a great snack!
  • spfish4life
    spfish4life Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Chobani strawberry Greek yogurt
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    For sheer volume.... Popcorn. For yumminess... A couple of squares of quality dark chocolate
  • katie2400
    katie2400 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with berries and almonds.
    quest bars
    Apple and pb2
    yogurt or protein pwd with chia seeds or flax seeds
    I've been into making banana "ice cream" blend a frozen banana until it becomes like ice cream, I will add some pb2 or protein pwd to up protein.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I carry a zip lock in my day pack with a couple of Epic wild game bars, usually bison or wild boar. They also make venison, wild turkey, pork, and two flavors of beef (habanero-cherry and apple-something). All of their meat is grass-fed, free-range, so the fat profiles are better (omega-3 vs. omega-6, -9) and they range between 100 and 200 calories per bar.

Also, I am fond of "nuts and berries...?" (unlike Yogi, I actually prefer them to pic-a-nic baskets!). I like to put together my own trail mixes of nuts, dried fruit (sparingly) and dark chocolate, with seasonings. Crunchy, chewy, salty, sweet! I also make one with good beef jerky (shredded), dried tart cherries, dehydrated onion and garlic, and either almonds or cashews, or both.

I also try to include a couple of Amazing Grass greens bars to get micronutrients when I need them.

A bison bar, a greens bar, and a handful of trail mix constitutes a meal if I can't stop to eat fresh food.

As a treat, I will sway slightly from the paleo trail and indulge in a little whey protein. Rise Bar makes an almond-honey-whey bar that is deeee-lish! Just those three ingredients, and they make a 60 gram and a 25 gram size, at 280 calories and 120 calories, respectively. Once in a while...

Of course, raw fresh fruit is always a go-to, berries especially, and if you can find fresh black raspberries (NOT blackberries) or Marion berries (from Oregon), or gooseberries (arctic Canada) or lingonberries (Scandinavia), grab them! (Every once in a while I will see them in my local Whole Foods for about an hour and a half, until they're gone!) A rare treat!

A good Paleo dip/dressing can be made by thinning out a nut butter with a little water or oil, or even almond milk, and seasoning it, either sweet or savory. I make a spicy curried cashew dip that's great for crudite.

Eat well, breathe deep, get strong, feel good!
    60 is the new 40!
  • archon
    archon Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    cant beat beef jerky! tastes great - is pure protein, fills you up and there is like 68 calories in your average pack!!
    I also like pistachio buts but they are a bit too more-ish
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Dannon Oikos Triple greek yogurt.
    Usually around 120 cals, 15 grams protein and no added sugars.
    http://www.oikosyogurt.com/products/triple-zero-single-serve/
  • hilarync
    hilarync Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    A Lightlife "Smart Dog" aka vegetarian hot dog in a whole wheat bun. Dog = 50 calories, 7 g protein. Bun = 110 calories, 5 g protein.
  • PamelaW41
    PamelaW41 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon honey roasted almonds
  • fattothinmum
    fattothinmum Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Skyr and berries :-)
  • Byronic_Ryu
    Byronic_Ryu Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Seasonal berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries)