Elation???

Options
2 1/2 weeks in eating somewhat healthy, average of 1250 calories a week but cycling high and low days and I'm 8 lbs down so far. I'm not eating my exercise calories back YET. 5'4" have 80 lbs to loose. I walk almost everyday at least 1 mile.

Today for the first time I feel elated. Happy, want to get up and dance kind of happy. I've lost weight before many times and I don't remember a feeling of elation.

Anyone experience this? Is this temporary? It it a result of feeling a little more energy which I do?

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Our bodies are awesome. Taking a few steps towards healthy habits can be very rewarding (mentally and physically), which in turn helps us make even more great choices. You'll hit speed bumps along the way and that energy/enthusiasm will seem to disappear, but if you're genuinely enjoying the process you'll keep that feeling.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Our bodies are awesome. Taking a few steps towards healthy habits can be very rewarding (mentally and physically), which in turn helps us make even more great choices. You'll hit speed bumps along the way and that energy/enthusiasm will seem to disappear, but if you're genuinely enjoying the process you'll keep that feeling.

I definitely agree with this! As with any long process in life, there are times that you'll get down but damnit, some of the highs are really high! When you hit a fitness goal or when you fit into something you've been eyeing, the feeling is amazing!

I think something that helps me keep the positivity up during the lower times is remembering that weight loss is not linear. But, as long as the trend is downward, you're still on the right track.
  • CajunCher2005
    CajunCher2005 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That's great that it's going so well for you. But if it slows down, don't get discouraged. Just keep trucking.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    That's great that it's going so well for you. But if it slows down, don't get discouraged. Just keep trucking.

Thank you!

I'm a yo yo dieter so I think I'm prepared for slows and stops. I wasn't prepared for feeling happy and elated and really its lasted all day today. This is new experience that I think has nothing to do with weight loss as I've lost and gained the same 50 lbs probably 5 times in my life.

I don't know what to attribute it too but I hope it sticks around :smiley: