What time of day do you like to run?

Options
2»

Replies

• jddrexler
    jddrexler Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sunrise....it's coolest at this time, I get to see the sunrise, and I like the way I feel when I head out to work knowing I've already run/biked/swam.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I run on my lunch hour during the week (usually on a... gasp... treadmill). On the weekends, I typically run in the late afternoon or early evening. Luckily the weather has been agreeable to do so. Knock on wood, we've been lucky so far this summer with not having too much heat.
  • newmom_2012
    newmom_2012 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Evenings. I'm just not a morning person, no matter how hard I try.
  • ScreeField
    ScreeField Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Afternoon
  • Bluepegasus
    Bluepegasus Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I like to run in the evening, always have done, always will. For some reason running in the morning seems so much harder.
  • ivanfawcettgibson
    ivanfawcettgibson Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I prefer a ride to a run. I only like running when it involves sports. I find running incredibly boring.
  • WynterDreaming
    WynterDreaming Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I try it in the morning before 7 or in the evening after 7. I take my dog with my on walks, to get him some much needed exercise and with the heat lately I haven't dared to take him out until I know the sidewalks wouldn't hurt his paws. Walking without a buddy is boring though so.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I aim for the part of the day with the best weather, so if it's hot, I'm going as early as possible.

This. In the summer, that usually means before 6 AM, although I belong to a running group that starts at 6 PM. In the winter, I wait until the warmest part of the day (or at least until the temp gets above freezing).
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    5AM!!
  • davoiscool
    davoiscool Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Normally straight after work, as I have a lovely lake to run around at my work, so it would be a waste not use it! I'm not a morning person so not in the mornings!
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    05:30. 05:00 if I ever get back to hour long runs. Not because I like running that early but because if I drink anything before going out it's dangerous (4 natural births moved something around in there, with some good effects but some bad ones) and because it's the time I usually don't have other commitments or anyone asking me for anything.

Also it's the coolest time of day, which is good in the summer and less good in the winter. I had a cop stop me once because I was running in a hoodie and hello kitty pj pants over my workout gear. I don't know what in the world he thought I was doing, I run very slowly, much too slowly to be running away from something.
  • curlsintherack
    curlsintherack Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I like to run at 5am.. I go on trails and sometimes streets. Yesterday I had 6 deer cross the road in front of me. If I go later in the day there is more traffic and a lot more heat.