Looking for more friends.

Options
I have recently got rid of Facebook. I use MFP MAP for just about everything. Helps keep me motivated and on the right track.

Please add me as a friend or comment and I will add you. I would like as many friends as possibel.

Replies

• lisawilkes20
    lisawilkes20 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi. Well done for being on the right track, not sure I am, but trying anyway. Eating more healthily & nearly at the end of a runners beginners course
  • joshuaherd
    joshuaherd Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, I was thinking lf starting couch25k. My end goal is Army Reserves so i have to start becoming a runner at aome point lol
  • lisawilkes20
    Options
    Well I kerp being told its the best for all over exercise. I'm mad with myself that I did'nt measure myself when I started as I have definately lost inches, I'm back in smaller size jeans & legs/ hips & waist are looking better
  • lisawilkes20
    Options
    I joined a running club, but that is what we do anyway, it started off doing one minute run, one minute walk 7x, I struggled to do the 5minute week, but guess what tomorrow night we will all be doing 22 minutes. I had a hip replacement done last August, never been good at sports & certainly did'nt thiink I would enjoy running, but I do.
    Give it a go
  • joshuaherd
    Options
    That is really awesome. I have never been a runner and I would be so nervous to join a running club lol. Dear Fear of not being able to keep up. I definitely feel like it's a good work out and I would like to be able to meet all the run times before i head to boot so that's at least one thing I wouldn't have to worry about. I just gotta stay on oit. Maybe find a beginner run club
  • happydance1978
    happydance1978 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I started couch 2 5k...4th day I rolled my ankle...back to boot camp cardiovascular minus running. I'll do it again. ARMY reserves eh... nice.
  • joshuaherd
    Options
    Well don't give up, let that thing heal and get back on the horse.
    Yea, it's been a dream of mine my entire life. I have always been the day kid and could never do it lol. I finally decided its time to take control of my life and do it before I cannot anymore.
  • happydance1978
    Options
    That's super awesome. I don't even know you and am proud of ya :D . Yes I plan on getting back into it. I also bought a new set of trainers and I think they are harming me more than doing good. Should a stuck with the UAs. Do you have a set of goals to reach prior to joining? Like requirements?
  • allieparkia
    allieparkia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, always nice to have new friends!
  • akionabr
    akionabr Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • ashleyhylland
    ashleyhylland Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You can add me, I'm always looking for more MFP friends! :D
  • lisawilkes20
    Options
    joshuaherd wrote: »
    That is really awesome. I have never been a runner and I would be so nervous to join a running club lol. Dear Fear of not being able to keep up. I definitely feel like it's a good work out and I would like to be able to meet all the run times before i head to boot so that's at least one thing I wouldn't have to worry about. I just gotta stay on oit. Maybe find a beginner run club

Yes check your local area, do you have any shops that sell running shoes, they might know of a group, I went to a shop to have my feet measured & they did a beginners course. Dont feel like you would be left behind, I was the one at the back for about a month, but I was'nt left, I'm somewhere in the middle now & the person at the back still has somebody with them.
    Anyway, I've just read that you went out on a run, so well done, pat yourself on the back. Its easy to get carried away too, so dont forget to hsve rest days.
  • joshuaherd
    Options
    That's super awesome. I don't even know you and am proud of ya :D . Yes I plan on getting back into it. I also bought a new set of trainers and I think they are harming me more than doing good. Should a stuck with the UAs. Do you have a set of goals to reach prior to joining? Like requirements?

Yea, I need to get down to 179 to meet weight requirements. But they also have a tape test that I know I could pass at around 200. But I figure the lighter I get the easier running will be so I'm aiming for 180
  • joshuaherd
    Options
    joshuaherd wrote: »

Yes check your local area, do you have any shops that sell running shoes, they might know of a group, I went to a shop to have my feet measured & they did a beginners course. Dont feel like you would be left behind, I was the one at the back for about a month, but I was'nt left, I'm somewhere in the middle now & the person at the back still has somebody with them.
    Anyway, I've just read that you went out on a run, so well done, pat yourself on the back. Its easy to get carried away too, so dont forget to hsve rest days.

I think I'm going to look into that. I do know of a shoe store dedicated to running and athletic type stuff. I'm going to go there thia weekend and see what I can find.
    I'm not running everyday, I'm going to follow the program and do 3 days a week for now. Once I finish the program I will see where I am at. I think I would rather keep running 3x a week and sprinkle in some insanity or p90x and weight lifting on my off running days
  • joshuaherd
    Options
    :)
  • SamanthaLouiseMence
    SamanthaLouiseMence Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Hi, you can add me if you like
    The more the merrier :) x
  • joshuaherd
    Options
    Would like to thank everyone for all the requests. Motivation is a awesome tool
  • happydance1978
    Options
    So is MFP... it's where I've met like minded peeps. So excited
  • joshuaherd
    Options
    :p
  • joshuaherd
    Options
    5 more friends and rolling: )