Lost nearly a stone and i'm fatter than ever.

Options
2»

Replies

• Tegan_the_Vegan
    Tegan_the_Vegan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am also a vegan and am also 5'4" and I am losing at 1300 calories BEFORE exercise. You are eating way too little!! This sounds like body dysmorphia and leading into an eating disorder. Please get help!!
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Thank you for all your answers, i'm 5ft 4 and my picture isnt me, just for inspiration! The muscle deteriorating could be the answer although i do 50 crunches a day to try and maintain my core as i'm taking my grade 8 ballet exam in February. But I really should be doing more strength resistance.

Possibly, although if you're eating as little as you say you are, it's more likely malnutrition (and not the mythical 'starvation mode' mentioned above where the body clings to fat. That's not a thing.) Even if you wanted to build muscle mass, you wouldn't be able to do it on such a severe calorie deficit as the one you described in your OP.
    This post is concerning because it doesn't sound like you are really seeing this as a problem. Please consider the good advice above, OP, and seek help. We'd much rather see you as a strong and healthy ballerina. :)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    What is the ACTUAL change in measurement of your stomach area?
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I probably should have mentioned that I go to fashion college and am friends with a lot of models in which I am constantly compared to. I know my goal weight is underweight but it's still not as 'underweight' as my model friends.

Stop comparing yourself to your model friends. You aren't them. You are you. Different. You don't need to be like them. If they judge you, they aren't your friends. :kissing_heart:
  • AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    The image in your profile is not healthy or attainable for a lot of people. Most people.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    AigreDoux wrote: »
    The image in your profile is not attractive healthy or attainable for a lot of people. Most people.

FIFY
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    What is the ACTUAL change in measurement of your stomach area?

This
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    AigreDoux wrote: »
    The image in your profile is not attractive healthy or attainable for a lot of people. Most people.

FIFY

Your opinion on what is and is not attractive has absolutely no bearing on what another person wants for their body.

That being said, OP, I second the fact that you're in unhealthy territory. Wanting to be underweight because of your friends tells me that you need better friends. If they're comparing you to themselves, especially. Please seek help before you ruin your health.
  • Nova
    Nova Posts: 10,063 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for closing this topic.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.

b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.

c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.

d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

With respect,
    Nova
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.