Options
Novicanes
Novicanes Posts: 12 Member
What is your 'go to' high protein meal?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    All of them. Variety and balance is important to me. I have some protein for every meal, so I get enough without having to eat any weird combinations or concoctions.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    This is a good question and since i'm vegetarian it's pretty hard since most of my high protein meals are also my highest calorie meals.

Pizza.
    Chili.
    Tofu stir fry.
    Protein Shake.
    Four cheese lasagna.
    Omelete.
    Lentils.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Novicanes wrote: »
    What is your 'go to' high protein meal?

Tofu stirfry
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Turkey bolognese
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    If I really need protein, I usually have some shrimp and veggies.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Steak. Medium with some seared onions/mushrooms and a side of nonstarchy veggies/salad. <3

Or cottage cheese -it's really versatile. I love mine with some peanut butter, canned tuna/salmon (easy way to get 40-50g of protein without a ton of extra calories or fat), salsa, thrown into a salad, added with some Parmesan and alfredo sauce as a way to bulk up zucchini noodles, mixed with some flavored greek yogurt, etc.
  • Novicanes
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Thank you! I tried real hard today and ordered Cerviche...shrimp, scallops, tilapia and all veggies (love fresh avocado). YUM! I did have tortilla chips with salsa and some red wine...but am done for the day! The fact that I got Cerviche and NOT something smothered in cheese is a positive thing. I just haven't been able to get the protein and fiber which is the next question. Best fiber meals?
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    1 can tuna + 1 single serve fat free plain Greek yogurt, add seansoning to taste. I could eat it every day
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Something that includes about 1/2 pound of chicken breast.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Six ounces of fish, a steak or a hamburger are my favorites. I do vegetarian protein too, with black soy beans, tofu, or things made out of veggie based protein powders. I love pressed tofu in peanut sauce.
  • Novicanes
    Options
    Tofu in peanut sauce sounds delicious.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast and veggies
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Ham and eggs
  • DevonatorOnline
    DevonatorOnline Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    At walmart you can get beef that is 95% lean and has a purple sticker on it. I eat this about every other day with a serving of rice and it gives a ton of protein. But what makes things easier is if you try to drink about two protein shakes a day.
  • BigTandthesquatters
    BigTandthesquatters Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    petite sirloin steak 4oz and 2-3 eggs
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt/fruit, lean meat/steamed veggies, protein shake/banana/fat source
  • sugarmagnolia55
    sugarmagnolia55 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I often make shredded chicken breasts with salsa and spices in the crock pot. I like to eat it for lunch cold, over salad greens with avocado, cilantro, lime juice and a spoonful of plain Greek yogurt.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I often mix together 1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese, 1/2 cup flavored greek yogurt and 1 Tbsp lemon juice [~30g protein]. For lunch and dinner, I usually throw together a healthy meal with either beef, chicken or tuna.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast and tuna, with a big helping of nothing else on the side. Yeah, when I target a macro, I do that *kitten* right.