Lost weight and shape

Options
Hi, I have recently (this year) slimmed down to 115 pounds from not a huge 136 pounds. I do a lot of strength training and have a good lean body now apart from my butt which has no shape whatsoever. My husband has admitted he no longer finds that area of me attractive :/ any recommendations on what exercises will help to build it up a bit. Genetics dictate I am not going to have a naturally rounded butt unfortunately!

Replies

• capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Check out Strong Curves. It's based on building up the glutes.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I've heard that the Brazilian butt lift workout is a good one, don't know personally because I could do with a little less "baby got back" lol
  • amyr271
    amyr271 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    It could just be your body shape. some people have got *kitten* and some people haven't. Same with boobs!
  • SwimmyD
    SwimmyD Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Gee, that's gotta hurt. Some things are just better left unsaid sometimes.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    capaul42 wrote: »
    Check out Strong Curves. It's based on building up the glutes.

This. But keep in mind that you may need to add mass to see a difference.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    That was rude.

I am sort of in the same boat - I LOVE how my legs look when I am skinny. They are lean and slender and shapely like a pantyhose model. But to get those legs, I have to drop enough weight that my butt disappears. Now I am close to 10 stone and my butt looks so much better, my legs are as lean but bigger and, to me, the shape is not as nice.

But as far as I can tell, it's one or the other, that's my body. And who knows, maybe the butt without the bigger legs would just look silly, anyway.

Your behind *will* recover some if you lift weights, there is so much muscle in there. And truthfully it may recover some no matter what you do, the skin should bounce back a little and that will help. Deadlifts, squats, and hip thrusts are what I find the most helpful for shape. Heavy. Do be aware that to grow some butt you may have to gain back some weight, and the inches around hips will increase, measure your waist and rely on that measurement to know if you are gaining too much fat.

And understand that guys sometimes aren't as sensitive about their bodies - if you told him his gut was getting too big, he might just say OK and work on it, or not, without taking it as a personal insult. He isn't saying he isn't attracted to you, just that he liked the bigger butt better.
  • klbrewer07
    klbrewer07 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Glutes can be built. Takes some time, and food, but it can be done. Brett Contreras, the Glute Guy, has a whole website dedicated to it. He is also the creator of Strong Curves as previously mentioned. Amanda Latona is also known for her amazing glutes and has lots of great info out there. Train them hard and train them often -- very difficult to overtrain glutes.
  • stogs123
    stogs123 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you EVERYONE for your feedback. This is really positive and has given me a lot to look into and work on. I don't usually use forums like this but it's massively helped!