Can i hear success stories from short girls

aniqa109
aniqa109 Posts: 364 Member
Hiii
Any 4"11 ladies who have lost around 4 stone? I could really do with some motivation n tips. I have read so much and I know it's different for everyone but if you could share ur success and any tips to boost me up!!

Replies

• get8fit
    get8fit Posts: 18 Member
    I am also 4'11" I started MFP 6yrs ago, the weight was slow to come off, but with the help of MFP I have been able to keep the weight off for the past 6 yrs , within 5 lb. of my goal weight. I weigh daily ( not for everyone) track calories CICO and browse success stories for motivation. I do Pilates (10 min solution ) dvd. I didn't start exercising until after I lost the weight, but wish I had started at the same time as I am not toned. You can do this. Wishing you much success.
  • aniqa109
    How many calories do you consume daily
  • emmaprocopiou
    emmaprocopiou Posts: 246 Member
    Hi @aniqa109 I'm around 4'11"/5ft
    I've been on mfp this time round since Nov 2015 and have lost almost 3stone.

I eat currently 1220 cals a day. I was eating back the cals Fitbit added to my diary but now I'm not eating them. I was and I started to plateau so I've stopped and the scale began moving again. They are there as my back up if I'm hungry but as its not deliberate exercise just daily walking I don't think eating back any will help.

Take it slow , us shorter ladies don't really get much cal wise unless you are super active so make you cals count.

Good luck x
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Hi there. I am 5'1", so hopefully that's close enough. SW was 219.4 on June 3rd. CW is 208.4 as of this morning. So 11lbs in just over 5 weeks. I have logged every day, everything that I've eaten. I work out a few times a week doing CrossFit, and make sure I drink all of my water most days. My calories I try and keep under 1,600 a day. I do miss some days working out, I do have ice cream multiple times a week, I just LOG it and make sure it works! If I move less in a day, I eat less. If I burn a lot, I allow a little more. My GW is 130# or a size 6, whichever happens first. :)
  • VictoriaK1993
    VictoriaK1993 Posts: 45 Member
    Hi there! I'm 5'2" and I started out around 178, current weight 164, goal weight of 135 (at least initially). I am basically eating around 1300 calories a day, getting at least 30-40 minutes a day of exercise, and logging all food/water/exercise. I make sure not to drink my calories, and just try to keep hydrated!
  • aniqa109
    Thanks for ur replies girls! Good luck with all ur journeys. My biggest downfall is I'm inconsistent.
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Been there!! It just comes down to one day at a time when you're feeling like not wanting to do what you need to.
  • ColetteM6
    ColetteM6 Posts: 138 Member
    5'3" CW 160 GW 119
    Gimme about 8 months and I'll give you a success story!
  • jbatinker
    jbatinker Posts: 313 Member
    5'2" (on a good day :)
    SW 250
    CW 207.7
    GW 150

I have been at this since February of this year and have logged every day. I try to log everything but days we are wine tasting and snacking are hard.
  • MindyBruno
    MindyBruno Posts: 535 Member
    4'11.25" Started at 224 in May of 2015. CW is 160. My GW is 140. I have logged everyday since I started, as honest as I can.
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    aniqa109 wrote: »
    Thanks for ur replies girls! Good luck with all ur journeys. My biggest downfall is I'm inconsistent.

Consistency is everything. Make small changes that you can stick to..then add on top of that.

I'm 5'1" I started at 183 and am now 123. I maintain at 1650 plus exercise calories. I tend to stay in the 120-125 range. I strength train 5x a week and do HIIT cardio inbetween. I don't really watch my carbs...just make sure my protein is 1g per body weight. When I began I ate at 1200 calories plus ate back half or all of my exercise calories..depending on my appetite. I also slowly started adding exercise..first I focused on nutrition.

Hope that helps and you are able to reach your goals!
  • jbatinker
    jbatinker Posts: 313 Member
    jbatinker wrote: »
    5'2" (on a good day :)
    SW 250
    CW 207.7
    GW 150

I have been at this since February of this year and have logged every day. I try to log everything but days we are wine tasting and snacking are hard.

Here are some SW and CW pictures

onq35kc3764v.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!